By Your Side. (24)

Archer's POV:

"I'm driving," she said, holding her hand out expectantly.

I frowned. "You don't know where we're going."

I didn't know what to think of this. I didn't know if the wrong move would result in her flipping off the handle--if that was even the saying--or whatever. She was too calm. We were both walking on eggshells.

She looked gorgeous. Her hair was loose and fell down her back in waves, the way I liked it. She was wearing a short, flowy blue dress and white baby doll flats (don't look at me like that--I'm surrounded by women, I'm bound to know what baby doll flats are). Around her neck, her time traveling necklace glittered.  

It had probably taken a while for her to come down, but I'd been too busy trying not to chew my fingernails down to nubs to notice.

I shook my head down at her, grinning. "Nope. You don't even know where we're going."

"Please?" She batted her eyes at me.

I closed my eyes fast. "Not going to work this time, Phob."

She must've heard something in my tone because she sighed mournfully. "Alright. I didn't want to have to do this but..."

I heard retreating footsteps as she walked away. Not chancing it I peeked for a moment, then opened my eyes fully, blinking and looking around.

I was alone.

"Phoebe?" I asked in confusion.

"Are you coming or what?" She poked her head out from the kitchen. Puzzled, I followed her to where she was sitting at the mini table for the kiddies. We used it a lot but for once, the place was empty.

"Well?" She looked at me expectantly, her elbow on the table.

I smir. Without a word, I slumped down into the seat and held out an arm, putting my hands in hers. We both ignored the electricity.

"Best out of three?"

He lip twitched, then went back into the serious expression. "Let's do this."

We both started at the same time. Her eyes, concentrated on mine, never wavered. We stayed in the same exact place.

She was strong. I applied a little pressure and she didn't move. A little more and still, nothing.

I kind of gulped. She smirked, slamming my hand onto the table. 

"One."

*

"Again," I said, just to make sure that we were clear. "You will tell no one."  

"And you'll come through with the ice cream," she chirped as I shut her door. Taking her hand, I led her toward the open resturaunt.

I made a face. "Honestly, you're breaking the bank."

"Your dad owns the bank," Phoebe deadpanned.

"Still."  I joked. She grinned at me and looked at the restaruant, her eyes bright and free. She patted my arm. "Don't worry, Archer. I won't tell anyone about how little Phoebe kicked your butt in an arm wrestling competition."

"Not so loud! People might hear!" I said seriously, looking around for someone who might've overheard.  

She guffawed as I led her into place.