9) New Player and New Feelings

*grins* You're gonna like this one.

XXX

Maddie had just finished practicing her solo later that day, when an obnoxiously loud knock came from the basement door. Pausing the music, Maddie rolled her eyes as she went over and opened the door. Mackenzie grinned at her, and Maddie raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want, Mack?" She asked, pulling the strands of hair that escaped her bun behind her ears.

"It's my turn to practice, Maddie. You've been in here for hours!" She protested, pouting towards the clock in the corner of the room.

It was true, Maddie had been down there for a long time, but it wasn't till recently did she actually began working on her solo. Her conflicting thoughts about Gino had been bothering her all day, and now it was starting to interrupt her dancing time!

Maddie glared at nothing in particular. These manipulative thing Gino was doing to her had to stop. She's been working way too hard on this solo for him to screw everything all up. Maddie's phone buzzed as she made her way back upstairs; it was Kendall.

Hey Mads! Changed ure mind about the dance yet??

Maddie frowned, before responding: I was hoping u forgot about me...

The response was instant.

Y WOULD I FORGET ABOUT U?! MADS, U NEED A DATE I'M BEING SERIOUS!!!

Maddie sighed, rolling her eyes. She could really care less about a school sponsored event, but this apparently meant the world to Kendall if she went, so against her judgment, she finally gave in and replied.

Alright fine! I'll got 2 the stupid dance |:(

Once again, the response was instant.

YAYYYYY! :D :D

Maddie rolled her eyes again, before turning her phone off and went to take a shower.

XXX

The next day, Maddie walked over to her locker, with Chloe by her side. Kendall and Nia were already waiting there, and Kendall had a huge grin on her face.

Oh no...

"Guess what, Mads?!" Kendall squealed, gaining strange looks from the people around them.

"Let me guess, are you trying to make me go deaf?" Maddie stated flatly, twisting in her locker combo.

Chloe snorted, "Trust me, her squeals could be a lot worse."

Kendall ignored the chuckle the two girls shared for a moment, before going back to what she was going to say. "Okay, so there's this new guy named Lucas Triana, and he is super hot!" Kendall gushed, panting rapidly.

Maddie raised an eyebrow, "So? I thought you were into Josh."

Kendall rolled her eyes, "No stupid, he's for you, not me!"

Maddie paused putting her binders into her locker, and turned to fully give Kendall a "WTF?" look.

Kendall sighed, speaking slowly to Maddie as if she was a four year old. "I," She pointed at herself, "hook you," She pointed at Maddie,"Up with him, and you guys go to the dance together." She gave Maddie a "duh?" face.

Maddie actually laughed at that. "Yeah right, why would I hook up with someone I don't even know?"

"Duh! That's the whole point of dating him, to get to know each other! At least, until the dance rolls around." Kendall argued, putting her hands on her hips.