14) One of a Kind

It's been a long week, I'm sorry.

This is my apology gift to you. This chapter is dedicated to EVERYONE!

XXX

Maddie was relieved Chloe and Nia were back the next day on Monday. Unfortunately, everybody did see the Instagram post, and Kendall spent a few minutes that morning prying Maddie's hands off Josh's throat.

"So...you guys are just friends now?" Chloe asked, tilting her head.

Maddie shrugged, "I guess so."

"Aww," Nia purred, "That's so cute!"

Maddie rolled her eyes, trying to fight the smile that wanted to appear. After The truce she made with Gino, they spent the rest of the day just hanging out at his house. Gino taught her how to play Assasin's Creed, and after that Maddie pretty much whipped him at every other game.

It was actually awkward at first, but eventually Maddie got used to it.

They parted ways and Maddie and Kendall walked down the the girls locker room. They dressed themselves in the ever hideous Franklin uniforms and walked towards the gymnasium. Maddie was not going to lie, she was actually looking forward to being with Gino today.

The boys had trickled in, and Maddie looked around for the brown-haired boy when Kendall suddenly elbowed her.

"You looking for lover boy?" She teased, and Maddie rolled her eyes for the millionth time today.

"Shut up!"

"Good news everyone, this week will be our last week for zumba." Mrs. Hawkins announced, and everyone whooped in approval. "So go ahead and partner up, you already know the routine we're doing. "

Everybody began to partner around her while Maddie stood still, and it felt like the beginning all over again.

"Looking for me, Pea- I mean, uh...Maddie?" A familiar voice whispered, and Maddie smirked, spinning on her heel to face him.

"For a playboy, that wasn't very smooth." She quipped, as they got into positions for zumba.

Gino snorted, "Yeah right. I'd flirt your panties off if I was really trying."

Maddie scoffed, "Still a pig, that hasn't changed."

"I'll have you know that I haven't been with a girl in like...three weeks."

Maddie's eyes narrowed, "Congratulations, do you want a medal?"

"Hey now, we made a truce." Gino oh-so-happily reminded her, as he spun her around.

"Well, if you haven't noticed...I'm a girl." Maddie said,motioning to herself, "I don't know what kind of girls you hang around with, but most of us don't brag about sex like it's some sport."

Gino raised an eyebrow, "Is that why you're so salty? Because of sex?"

Maddie face flushed, and she hit him in the shoulder, "That's not what I meant!"

"Aggressive, are we? Didn't know you like it rough." Gino purred, wriggling his eyebrows.

It felt like the room rose a couple degrees, and Maddie wasn't sure if she wanted to slap him or disappear from that very spot.

"I..I...what the..." She sputtered helplessly.

Gino chuckled, "I'm just kidding, you know."

Maddie rolled her eyes, even though her heart was beating a mile a minute. She really hates this dumb little crush.