Chapter 31

Chapter 31

It was a beautiful night indeed. I couldn’t believe that I had found someone to share my love with. Cuddling deep into my blanket I visualized Blaze’s face. It was funny how I still got goose bumps whenever I thought about him. Why was it getting so difficult to sleep?

I felt my mobile vibrate twice with a little beep. An indication of the fact I had received a message. I picked my mobile up from the side table and checked it. Okay, a message from Vivienne…that should’ve been interesting. Why else would she message me at 2.30 in the morning?

My heart started to constrict as I kept on reading the message again and again. But the content of the message remained the same: “Tiana…I kno dis is awkward but I have 2 tell u about dis. I’ve been in an open relationship wid Blaze since 2years. He is cheating on u with me. I thought u were in an open relationship wid him dats y I didn’t tell u bout dis earlier.”

I sat up straight and blinked my eyes. Maybe the sleep was causing me to read wrong things. The message was the same. Could it be that Blaze hadn’t changed? All this time I had told him everything about me…all of my secrets. Like a fool I had let him in.

Blaze must have been laughing behind my back. It had been just a game for him. For some time I had forgotten that he was actually a player…once a player always a player. I had believed every single one of his stupid lies.

I thought he had cared about me but that’s how player’s work right? They make a girl believe that they care about her and she is the only thing that matters. I threw my mobile away from myself in frustration. Well guess what? He had won and I had got my heart broken.

***

“He what?” Chas asked amazed.

“He was cheating on me with Vivienne all this time. They have had an open relationship since two years,” I told Chas as I got into my skinny jeans.

“That son of a gun…”

“Chas…please don’t let him come to pick me up today…I know I have deal with him but not just right now…I need to get used to a few things first.”

“Oh yeah…girl he is not coming to pick you up today…I don’t think he would be able to walk after I am done with him. I am coming over your house in five mins.”

With that Chas kept down the phone. I wiped the tears from my face. This was harder than I had imagined. How would I face the world without him? He was the only thing in my life that gave me joy and helped me to stand up against Marylyn. Could all the things he had told me be fake? They were apparently. He had told me that Vivienne was his best friend…little did I know they were much more than best friends.

The thought of him and Vivienne made me sick and jealous. Everyone had warned me against Blaze but I had just fallen into his trap. I wasn’t going to show him that I was hurt…no, that would be giving him just what he wanted. Wasn’t I Tiana? The bad girl? The heartbreaker? Well…it seemed as if a heartbreaker had broken the heartbreaker’s heart. Ah…and he had wanted to go slow with me. I had no idea how fast it was actually going. He had managed to gain my trust. Not anymore…I had to get him out of my system.

Did all the special moments we had shared together, mean nothing to him? Tears started to spill out of my eyes. I tried to tell myself that it was not worth crying over a jerk. My brain understood that but my heart failed to listen to me. Why did I feel like there was solid lead filled inside me?

Grimly, I rushed out of my house after hearing the honking of Chas’ car. I was not going to stay back home like a coward…oh yeah Blaze had some serious explaining to do.