Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Almost all of my classes were with Zack. Which was nice. A familiar face in a new place is always a comfort.

“Hey man.” A guy with black hair thumped Zack’s back and then looked at me. “And who are you, sweet cheeks?”

“What’s up Cruz?” Zack asked. “This is Tiana…she is new here.”

“New, hmmm? Anytime you need any help you know where to come.” Cruz pointed his hands at his chest.

I moved away from Miss Claire’s desk. “Now I know where to come for help.”

Zack glared jealously at Cruz. “I already offered to show her around…tough luck buddy.”

I chuckled, clutching my class schedule close to my chest. This was going to better than I had imagined.

“Aww you guys are so sweet,” I said, stroking their egos.

The thing is that boys always want to feel like they are leading even when they actually aren’t. The damsel in distress act never failed to work on guys. So, my rule #1: Always make the guy feel in control.

*Only in the beginning, though.

The smile returned on Zack’s handsome face. It was just my luck; I had met one of the cutest boys in school at my doorstep this morning. The rest, however, was all up to me.

The girls glared at me enviously as they passed by. It wasn’t really my fault; I was just a natural in terms of getting guys. A lot of people would frown upon what I did and call me a slut, but really? Isn’t that a little presumptuous? What about boys? How come they always get away after playing around with many girls, but we girls are called sluts?

In reality I’m nothing of that sort. I haven’t even had sex yet. I haven't even hit all the bases of MAKING OUT yet! It gave me immense pleasure to make these arrogant boys do anything I asked from them. Isn’t that every girl’s fantasy anyway? I had already started to work through those two hot jocks.

“Come Tee, I’ll take you the English class.” Cruz gave me a puppy dog look. “I noticed that we have the same class.”

“What would I do without you guys?” I gushed.

“Hey! I have English too.” Zack frowned at Cruz.

“Let’s go together then.” I made my light grey eyes wide as I glanced up at both of them.

“Yeah,” they agreed, annoyed at each other.

I walked between the two cute guys who were continuously fighting for my attention. I tried to divide my attention equally between them.

“Tiana!” Harriet’s mousy face came in front of me abruptly.

I knew very well what that girl was going for. She looked at Zack and Cruz reverently.

“Won’t you introduce me to your friends?” Her beady black eyes, which were usually dull, gazed at the boys brightly.

“Huh?” I raised my eyebrow. There was no way she was going to use me to get popular, at least not this time. I felt sick thinking about the way she treated me at home along with her mother.

Zack and Cruz looked at the anorexic girl with narrowed eyes. It really bothered me when boys did that with perfectly nice girls just because they were not good looking, but with Harriet it was a completely different case.