63 | p l o t t i n g

"Is it really possible to tell someone else what one feels?"

― Leo Tolstoy

/ / l o u i s / /

I sit on the floor with my knees pulled up to my chest. My eyes focus on the wall in front of me, not on the pacing Zayn who's constantly moving through the living room. He found me passed out on the ground and brought me back inside. Apparently, I was out for more than six hours. When I woke up, I forgot what happened until Zayn told me where he found me laying. Then I remembered everything and started to cry. How could she go with him? After all we have been through? How could she let him turn her into the disgusting monster that she has become? I don't understand. The Evelyn I know would never turn herself over to Harry like that. She would do whatever she could to keep us together.

I close my eyes just as Zayn says, "The big, scary man is very rude." I open one of my eyes to see him sitting down on the floor beside me. "He took Evelyn away from us. This isn't fair. If Zayn could, he would get Evelyn back and hurt that man."

"Zayn," I whisper, opening my other eye.

"That's Zayn's name. Yes."

"You're a genius."

"How is Zayn a...a...genius?"

I look at him and his eyes are wide. There's a small smile on his lips and I look back at the wall. I guess he rarely gets compliments. I take a deep breath and begin to explain, "Harry has Evelyn, right? He made her exactly like him and she's acting as if she doesn't remember anything. As of right now, he has the upper hand. We can do something about that, Zayn." I look at him again and his eyes are still wide. "We can get Evelyn back if we get rid of Harry. We can make her remember who we are."

"But...how?" Zayn's smile disappears and he looks slightly conflicted.

"I don't know," I sit my chin down on top of my knees. "But we have to figure out how and soon. If we take too long, we could lose her forever. I can't lose her, Zayn. I'm slowly losing my mind. If I lose her, I lose myself."

"Zayn will find you," he says and I look at him. "When you get lost, Zayn will find you. When Zayn and Mommy went to the store together and Zayn would get lost, Mommy would always find him. She was nice."

"I didn't mean it like that but thank you."

"Oh."

I lay down on my back on the floor and stare up at the ceiling. Is there a way to kill Harry? I bite my bottom lip. There has to be a way to get rid of him. He can't just stay around forever. Something will eventually get rid of him...right? I close my eyes and think hard. He is a demon. What could kill a demon? If I shoot him, he won't die. He'll heal. The same thing will happen if I stab him with a knife. If he didn't have Evelyn with him, I wouldn't have to be thinking about any of this.

Evelyn.

I sit up and immediately think of when Evelyn went into the church. As soon as she entered it, her body started burning from the inside out. I frown. Harry isn't stupid. He would not just walk into a church. He has been around for years. He probably knows every trick in the fucking book. I run a hand down my face and groan.

"What are you thinking about?" Zayn asks me.

"I'm thinking of how we can get rid of Harry," I mutter.

"Is it working?"

"What?"

"Is your brain working?"

"Sure."

"Okay," Zayn says. "Good."

"If Harry can't go into a church because he'll know it's a church, what can we use to get rid of him?"