15

The sunset welcomed my sight when I entered the balcony of my room.

Orange hue was casted across the sky, giving that medieval era feeling and the sun was melting down the mountains, like the yolk in a sunny side up egg.

It was a picturesque sight and one that I really liked. I felt myself calm down just by watching the scenery because it seems as though nothing can go wrong.

Impossible. It's impossible that nothing will go wrong though because everything that's happening is so wrong even from the very beginning.

I was betrayed by my own blood.
I lost all my memories.
I got 'technically' rejected by my mate...

And many more...

As the darkness slowly spreads in the sky, I felt like there is something that's tugging inside my mind and that feeling only occurs when someone wants to mind link me but is in a weak form or is very far.

I'm not so sure though.

I closed my eyes to focus on that tugging feeling on my mind. It might be important so, I should really try to know what is it all about.

I felt all thoughts draining from my system as I focus on only one thing. Silence enveloped my whole being and I swear that at this point, even a one simple movement can be a very vital distraction.

The feeling got stronger but not at the point that my head was aching but more like to the point that I can already get the message clearer than before.

"I'm sorry."

I stiffened when those two words entered my mind.

The voice is so familiar and even though the connection was weak and just through a mind link, my heart instantly went pitter-patter at the sound of that voice.

It was Kyle and he sound so sincere, like everything he felt for me was summed up into those two words.

Only two words yet they hold a very meaningful explanation.

"So you're back?" Even before I could have the opportunity to overthink whether what I heard was true, that voice disrupted me from my thoughts.

I closed my eyes and breathe first to compose myself then turn around to meet her color eyes, looking directly at me with so much concern.

What a fake.

One word that my mind repeatedly say when I first landed my eyes on her, having my memories back, is, "Traitor, traitor..."

I smiled widely to acknowledge her and ran quickly to her oh so welcoming arms.

"I missed you, A." I said, trying to do the waterworks in my eyes.

Alissa is already done with her waterworks and is already wailing. Aww. Great.

I should be crying too.

I'm vulnerable, remember?

"I missed you too." She said between her sobs, her voice full of concern and worry.

Oh, I believe you so much but I really tried not to roll my eyes at her statement.

"She's here." I sent that brief message to Courtney then block my mind again.

Don't want any royals, especially the one I'm hugging right now, to do something crazy with my mind again.

Alissa unclasped her arms from my body and faced me, her face is tear stained and her eyes are unsurprising read and puffy.