Part 27

The next day I woke up more on the cheery side. I don't really know why, and I'm not going to ask questions on it.

I went over to my closet, and picked out a black tanktop, and red skinny jeans. I matched that with a black hoodie, and black flats.

I went over to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth, then combed my hair, putting in a small red bow. Then, I put on some eye liner and mascara, and went downstairs.

"Hey mom." I greeted.

"Hi, sweetie." She was rapidly shoving papers into a briefcase, and drinking her coffee.

"Where's the fire?"

"Late for work." She closed her briefcase, and ran over to me, kissing the top of my head, and ran out the door. "Be good!" She yelled, before slamming the door shut.

I sighed, and went to the fridge for some food.

She's always late for work.

I felt my good mood melt away.

So much for that...

"Knock, knock." A deep voice called, opening my front door.

"Kitchen!" I called out.

"Hello, beautiful." Eli said, grabbed my waist from behind, pulling me to his chest.

"Hey." I sighed, leaning my head back on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Let's just go." I pulled away from him and grabbed an apple.

"Jane, you do know you can tell me anything, right?" He grabbed my wrist. Stopping me from going out the front door.

"Yeah. I know." I turned around and smiled at him. A little bit of my good mood returning.

He smiled back, and leaned forward to kiss me.

~:~:~

The next day went slow. The morning was boring as usual.

Eli and I were sitting in History before the bell.

Most of the kids were here, but the rest were always late.

"Hello love birds." Cara greeted, walking into the classroom, and sitting down next to me and Eli in an empty desk.

"Shouldn't you be going to class?" Eli asked, a certain edge was in his voice that I couldn't quite recognise.

"I got time."

"Cara, class starts in two minutes." I pointed out.

"Your point is?"

"Leave." I chuckled.

"I'm good." She smiled at us, and layed her head on my shoulder.

"Go to class." Eli grumbled, taking my hand in his, and twining our fingers.

"What crawled up your ass and died, Eli?" Cara hissed, getting up from the plastic chair, and stomping out the door.

I looked over at him with a scowel on my face.

"What? She was going to be late."

"I know there's more to it, Eli. What is it?"

He looked at me for a few minutes before speaking. "My dad's in town...With my sister and brother." He faced the front.

Eli never mentioned his father or his siblings. I didn't know he even have siblings.

"I didn't know you had siblings." I stated.