Chapter XXIII

Kurapika was going to go after Chrollo. Moreover, Yui knew it. After he returned from the last auction, something had changed. He wouldn't say what had happened but Yui had an idea. Even though he had clearly spent a long time, cleaning himself up she had found what seemed like traces of blood behind his ear. Yup, he was definitely going to do something stupid, she thought when suddenly opened the door.

"Where are you going!?" she asked a bit too desperately, please don't leave me, she thought silently

"I... I have to work... Is something wrong?" he asked turning towards her

"What are you planning, Kurapika?"

"Huh?" Kurapika's eyes widened, "what do you mean?"

"You're going to after Chrollo, aren't you?"

His face hardened, "yes"

Yui bit her lip angrily, "why!?"

"He killed my clan. Our clan," he yelled as his eyes flashed red

"Do you truly believe that killing Chrollo will bring you satisfaction!?" she cried, "This is not a path to walk, Kurapika, if you do this, it will haunt you forever and you will never find peace"

Kurapika's resolve did not waver even in the slightest, "I have to do this"

"Well, I don't-..." she choked, "I don't have to watch... I can't! I can't watch you destroy yourself like this"

"What!?" the blonde gasped, "what are you saying?"

She was sobbing miserably now, "choose me, Kurapika. Choose me or revenge, because I will not watch you do this"

Kurapika's was breathing rapidly now and like Yui, tears were streaming down his face, "I am sorry," he choked, "I have to do this"

And with those last words, he left, fearing that if he stayed a second longer he would never be able to leave.