10. Dinner For One (Picture Of Sam)

Chapter 10

•Dinner For One•

*after school at the Cullens' house*

"CARLISLE CULLEN!" roared Edward as he tore into the house.

"Yes?" replied Carlisle, calmly stepping into the room.

"Do YOU know who I met at school yesterday?" he asked, angrily. He was on the verge of killing.

"Let me guess... Bella Swan?" he asked knowingly.

"How'd you know?" asked Edward, his breath getting rapid, his voice rigid.

"Alice tells me she's quite nice," said Carlisle, a smile tickeling at the tips of his mouth.

"WHAT?" "What in the world has Alice been doing?" he asked, his volume get louder each second. He doesn't ususlly shout... At all.

"Rosalie, Jasper, and Emmett also like her, apparently she's horrid at basketball." He was acting totally oblivious to Edward's disposition. He thinks that he should handle this himself, without anyone's help. So he's going to play for the other side, the nice side.

"...B, b, but Carlisle! How could you... Why can't you... Just smell her! And I can't read her mind!" He let out a grumble of frustration.

"Oh well!" he chimed and left the room. He knows that Edward can handle it... Or can he? It's not like Carlisle has actually smelt her. And Edward's sense of smell is a bit stronger than the others'.

"Do I have to go to school tomorrow?" called Edward.

"Yes!" chimed Carlisle from the kitchen, happiness from teasing Edward was ringing in his voice.

"Great," mumbled Edward under his breath.

Alice then skipped out of the house singing, "Carlisle, I'm going to surprise Bella at her house! Bye." The stone column that Edward punched in half was never quite the same after that.

*at Emily's house*

"This show is so stupid!" complained Paul who was staring at the TV. The whole pack along with a couple girls who were imprinted on were sitting around the living room.

"Then change the channel," muttered Bella who was on the couch with Jacob. Her head on his chest, his arms around her.

"I'm not doing what you tell me to do!" he said in a child-like voice.

"What are you, six?" argued Bella. They always seem to be bickering.

"Yes," he said and stuck his toungue out at her. He whispered something to Embry.

"Hey, Paul," began Embry, "You should change the channel."

"Okay... See, I listen to Embry," said Paul.

"He's such a six year old," muttered Jacob to Bella.

"I heard that!" spat Paul.

"So?" asked Jacob.

Paul just grumbled and started flicking through the channels.

*at the Swan Residence*

The front door's lock clicked open. Renee rushed over, thinking it was her husband, home early from work.

But it wasn't.

In stepped a tall man with pale white skin, a seductive smile, muscles the size of boulders, and bright red eyes.

"Wh-wh-who are you? How'd you get in?" mumbled Renee.

"Well, I'm just here to taste you," he said evily.

"What?" she squeaked feebly.

Renee saw a movement out of the corner of her eye from the window. But the man lunged towards her before she could see what it was. A girl ran in through the open door and took down the vampire. The girl was Alice. Renee didn't move, she had absolutely no idea what was happening. Her mind was blank.

Alice whispered into the vampire's ear something that Renee couldn't hear. "This is MY coven's hunting ground. Now leave and never come back." The male raced out, never to return again, or so she thought.

Alice walked slowly up to Renee. She flunched backwards. "It's okay, I'm the good guy," she whispered. "This isn't my hunting ground, we only call it that so other vampires don't eat the humans. We don't even eat humans. But for your bravery, I'm making you mayor of Forks!" Alice took a hat off the floor and put it on Renee's head. "This is all a dream," she said, even quieter now, and pinched her so that she fell asleep right there. Alice carried her up to her bedroom and layed her in the bed. She cleaned up the entrance hall.

"Hmph! I guess Bella isn't here," she said sadly and walked out, locking the door behind her. She dashed into the woods just as the cruiser pulled up.

*at Emily's house*

"Does anyone smell that?" asked Embry, sitting up.

"It kinda smells like amother vampire..." said Quil.

"I highly dought it. The Cullens have warned almost every single vampire that this is their territory. It can't..." Paul trailed off. "I smell it now... And GOD, this one smells bad!"

Jake scrunched up his nose. Bella thinks that he looks so cute when he does that, but she didn't think it was the right moment to bring it up.

No one had realized that Sam had left the room about twenty minute ago until he came back.

"There was a new vampire, tall, jet-black hair, red eyes, small nose, smells worse than most, has multiple evil facial expressions, oh yeah- and he tried to make Renee Swan his dinner.

Everyone gasped. "What happened?" some of them asked. Some others said, "Why didn't you bring us?" Bella just sat there, blank-eyed, her facial expression quickly changed from flirty to sadness and anger. Jacob tighened his grip on her to make her feel safer and more comfortable.

"Well, the dark-haired, bouncy Cullen was there and she sent the vampire away. I don't think he's ever coming back. But she told Renee that she was having a dream and put her in bed. She left just as Charlie pulled up."

"So she's okay?" asked Bella, finally finding her voice.

"Not even scratched. She'll probably be wanting to tell you all about her dream so you should probably head home.

"Okay..."

"What type of transportation would you prefer, madam?" asked Jacob flirtatiously as they were exiting the house.

"Well, if my choices are car or Jacobmobile, I'll take the second." She laughed and jumped on Jacob's back. He started to run.

When they arrived at the Swans' house, Jacob walked Bella to the door. He said hi to Renee. Just as Bella and her mother were shutting the door, Jacob heard Renee say, "I had the strangest dream. . ."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: I know I said I was going to say something about Jacob's reation to Bella's new "friends" in this chapter, but I couldn't fit it in to the storyline. You'll have to wait for the next chapter to find that out. Thanks! Keep commenting if you want. Oh yeah, and thanks for giving this story 1000 reads! I love my fans amd readers! Peace out! :)