23. A New Diet (Picture of Vampire Bella)

Chapter 23

•A New Diet•

"Bella... honey," said Jacob, taking a step forward.

A viscious snarl ripped through her open, re-shaped lips and she jumped into a crouched position on top of her bed.

Alice put a hand on Jacob's shoulder and stepped in front of him whispering, "She's a newborn and can't remember much of her old life at the minute. She smells your blood, it may be a safer idea for you to not see her for a few days..." Alice took another step toward. Bella growled.

Meanwhile, Jacob stood there, awestruck. Not see Bella for a couple days...

"Bella, it's me, Alice. I'm your friend. I'm one of you, now. We're the same. I'm not gonna hurt you, hunny," she said.

Rosalie stepped up, a few imches behind Alice. "We are here to make your throat hurt less."

The snarl was repeated. I stepped from behind Alice so Bella could at least see me...

And she quickly relaxed and gushed, "I'm so sorry!" Carlisle gasped and so did Jasper.

"B-b-but you're a newborn!" stuttered Jasper, trying to make sense of her sudden calmness. "You should be devouring the room now!"

"Jasper," warned Esme.

"Argg!" he grumbled and stalked out. Alice looked between him and Bella and obviously decided to stay with her.

"Jasper's just a little confused," she said quietly.

"Jacob," said Bella, the pale beauty. Her hair had grown out and smoothened and thinned. Her new red eyes were adorned with long, thick lashes. Her lips had become larger and turned to a peachy pink.

"Bella, your-you're beautiful!" he said.

"And she needs to see herself in a mirror!" exclaimed Alice in great joy. She ran out and was back in a couple seconds, literally. She was carrying a full-size mirror. "You're gorgeous, honey!"

Bella gasped as she looked into the mirror. "Is that... me?"

"Yes, Bella. It's the new you, do you LOVE yourself?" gushed Alice.

"I... I do, actually," said Bella, a little dettached because she was still staring at her reflection.

"You must be parched," said Rosalie, stepping closer.

"It burns," she said, clasping a hand to her throat.

"We'll take you," decided Rosalie, motioning to Alice.

"Can I go?" asked Jacob, butting into the conversation.

"No, you'll distract her," said Rosalie sharply.

"And," began Carlisle, "It'll be hard for her to contain herself while she's in hunting mode. She's a newborn, too, so she'll be stronger and faster. Most likely, she'll be better than you. And vampiric venom is poisonous to wolves."

"I'll keep my distance," said Jacob hardly.

"Please? Please can he go?" begged Bella, who shouldn't be feeling emotions, let alone love.

"Fine. But stay far away," warned Carlisle.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," droned Jacob. The four of them left the room. Bella truly seemed to be enjoying walking. She had a bit of a glide to her step now. Alice and Rosalie spoke to her in lightening speeds, explaining all the vampire details.

Then, they walked outside.

And Edward and Emmett happened to be there.

Emmett grasped Edward firmly while Alice and Rose held Bella. Jacob stood there, ready to shift if neccesary.