14. Dance Arrangements (Picture Of Alice)

Chapter 14

•Dance Arrangements•

"What?" asked Jessica excidedly.

"They're all coming!" he said happily, still standing.

"Yay!" gushed Angela.

"Wait... There's more!" he exclaimed.

"Yes?" wondered Jess, quite intrigued now.

"Alice offered to come early and help you set up!" he squealed girlishly... more mimicking how Jessica would have said it if she were speaking...

"Yay!" she exclaimed, totally unaware to Tyler's taunting at the moment.

"So it'll be me," began Bella, "Jess, Ange, Alice, and Leah." She tried to be discreet about adding Leah's name to the list.

"Leah?" asked Jess, obviously not too happy about Leah's unhappy presence.

"Yes?" asked Bella, the hope in her voice.

"Uhh... No," said Jessica flatly.

"Okay... Here's the deal..." Bella thought for a moment on what her lie was about to be- something that wouldn't make Leah mad if she found out about, and not the whole vampire/wolf thing that they'd probably put her in an asylum for saying... "Jacob has been being a bit... overprotective lately. So he's just having Leah watch out for me and all my awesome friends. It's okay, right? That she comes? I don't want to say no to Jacob." Bella made a somewhat believable pouting face. They bought it.

"Well... If Jake wants it..." muttered Jessica.

All of a sudden, Jessica's phone buzzed and rang. Her ringtone was Party Rock Anthem in honor of tonight's party. Typical Jessica...

She snatched it off the table-top. "Hello," she said eagerly after looking at the caller ID. "This is she." She started tapping a rythem on the floor with her foot. "I... Wait, what!?" she said, her sharp voice probably stinging the caller's ear. "Uh- I don't believe you!" she shreaked, a couple people staring. "You said you wouldn't let me!" The line went dead.

"What?" asked everyone at the table in unison.

"My mom just called!" Everyone gasped.

"Please tell me that she didn't say that you can't have the party!" exclaimed Bella.

"Worse..." gushed Jessica.

"What!?" asked Eric, astonished.

"They... Said. . . . . THE PARTY CAN LAST UNTIL MIDNIGHT!" Jess had been bluffing!

"But how will we tell everyone?" asked Eric suddenly.

Mike suddenly stood on his seat. "IF ANYONE HADN'T HEARD WHAT MY BEAUTIFUL GIRLFRIEND, JESSICA STANLEY, JUST HOLLARED, HER PARTY HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT! WHOOOOOO!" The teens who were all stuffed into the lunch room erupted into whoops and applause.

"I think my job is done," said Mike, sitting down, a smug expression stuck to his face.

"Problem solved," muttered Eric.

"I'll call the people on the rez!" exclaimed Bella. She stood up from her seat, her lunch untouched, and walked outdoors for some privacy.

She was about to dial Jacob's number on her mobile, when the lunchroom door opened.

Edward Cullen was walking out.

With a purpose, obviously.

"Bella," he said, standing a fair distance from her, but close enough to carry on a conversation.