9. Gym Class... Or is it Called Hell? (Picture Of Emmett)

Chapter 9

•Gym Class... Or is it Called Hell?•

Bella was standing in the girls' locker room alone. Her only friends that are in her gym class are Mike and Jessica. Mike is obviously in the boys' locker room and Jessica was at the nurse's office taking an allergy pill.

She sat on one of the benches, waiting for the girls' coach to call them out to the gymnasium for class. The door to the locker room opened and in walked Alice.

"Hi, Alice!" said Bella, jumping up. Then Bella remembered the secret about Alice, you know, the one about her being a vampire, and sat back down.

"Hi new friend!" she exclaimed. Bella didn't think anything was wrong with Alice at all. She didn't think that she's become Alice's next soft drink. Or will she? Well, she's meeting Jake tonight to discuss all things supernatural so she'll be an expert by tomorrow morning!

She figured that it can't hurt to just talk to Alice... In school... When there's plenty of people around.

But before the door totally swung shut, Rosalie came strutting in like she owned the place.

"Rosalie!" exclaimed Alice. "Meet my new friend, Bella!" Rosalie came up to her and looked her up and down.

"Nice to meet you," she said approvingly and shook Bella's hand.

"Awww, the three of us are gonna be bestest friends... I just know it!" exclaimed Alice.

"Is she always this happy?" inquired Bella to Rosalie.

"Always. And by the way, call me Rose."

"Okay... Rose." And they walked into gym class together.

Alice rushed right up to Jasper and grabbed his arm, holding him by the bicep.

Rosalie let Emmett walk right up to her and they grasped hands.

And then Mike jumped up behind Bella, shouting, "BOO!" He totally ruined the romantic mood.

Alice dragged Jasper over to Bella and Mike, asking, "So, aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

Alice had decided that at this school, she wasn't going to blend in. She wanted friends and she was going to get them.

"This is Mike. Mike, this is Alice-" Bella motioned to her with her hand- "And Jasper?"

"Yes," he said in his voice that to her, sounded quite Southern. His face looked a bit strained.

The three shook hands, the whole time- Mike was wide-eyed. After they walked away, he mentioned, "You're friends with HER? She's just so... mysterious. Everyone wants to know them... And just look at you, making introductions!... And now... And now I know them! I feel the popularity radiating off of me. And..." He just kept blabbing about the Cullens, about all the big "secrets" he's heard about them. But he doesn't know the biggest one of them all...

"LISTEN UP!" hollared the boys' gym coach over all the chatting juniors. There was a girls' coach and a boys' coach who coach the after-school sports, but also teach the gym classes. They work side-by-side.

"We're playing basketball today! Divide into four teams! We're playing with one hoop per game. I want Mike, Jason, Amy, and... Alice to be captians. Form your teams now!"

Mike rushed over to Bella. Jessica had joined them by now. It was the three of them, a couple other kids they knew, and a few they didn't know at all. They're playing four-on-four so Mike assigned the order of subs. They were assigned to play against Alice's team (full of vampires and some reject kids).

Emmett... Let's just say he's a pretty amazing athlete... Just look at his muscles!

Jasper... Amazing. Not quite as good as Emmett, but he's trained in hand-on-hand combat so that's pretty helpful...

Alice... Extremely light on her feet. Like a fairy-ballerina!

Rosalie... She may look like she's the kind to sit on the side-lines and watch, but she's actually pretty good!

And then there's Mike's team...

Mike... Sorta athletic...

Jessica... Pretty athletic. She's on the school's volleyball team, but that's the only sport she's actually good at...

Bella... NOT ATHLETIC AT ALL!!!

Charlie... (random kid on their team) Moderatly athletic. Played ice hockey for half a season three years ago... Got injured and could never play hockey again, but he's still kinda fit...

And the game begins...

Emmett scores.

Emmett scores.

Emmett scores.

Emmett scores.

Jasper scores.

Emmett scores.

Alice scores.

Emmett scores.

Mike scores!

Emmett scores.

Rosalie scores.

Alice scores.

Emmett scores.

Jasper scores.

Bella gets hit in the neck with the ball.

Jasper scores.

Emmett scores.

Time to switch out subs!

Jasper goes out and a random kid comes in.

Charlie leaves and another random kid comes in.

The games re-begins...

Emmett scores.

Mike scores!

Bella gets hit in the head by the ball.

Alice scores.

Emmett scores.

Bella gets hit in the head again by the ball.

Rosalie scores.

Bella hits the ball at Mike's head who (after being impaled by it) catches it and scores.

Emmett scores.

Jessica scores.

. . .A few rounds later. . .

Last round. Same people in as first time.

Emmett scores multiple times.

Jasper scores multiple times (with help by the cheering of Alice).

Alice scores multiple times.

Rosalie scores multiple times.

Bella gets hit in the head more than times Emmett has scored.

Mike scores twice.

Jessica scores once.

Bella scores... Just kidding. All she's usuful for is being a ball-magnet.

Emmett finishes the game off by dunking the ball.

The gym teacher didn't believe them when they told him the score. He would of given them all detention for lying if the girls' coach hadn't told him that she'd seen it for her own eyes.

Well that's what happens when you play against those damned vampire teams...