chapter 17

He stopped smiling at Leila and stared at me. He stared at me until i started feeling uncomfortable. I could literally feel his anger start to rise. I quickly grabbed Leila away from him and moved to the other side of the room.

His eyes changed from that beautiful chocolate brown to a bright yellow, 'What do you mean, raped, Rose.....you can't just say stuff like that,' a voice said. I mean it was Ian's mouth that was moving but the voice that came out of his mouth was not his. It was a raw, gutteral voice. The kind of voice that formed itself in childrens nightmares...

I started shivering, and grasped Leila tight in my arms, hiding her face from what Ian was turning into. At that moment my mother rushed into the room, not looking shocked or scared at what was happening right before her eyes.

She came towards me, taking Leila from my arms, she told me only i could calm him down and left.

So i did something that could have left Leila without a mother, i hugged him.

I could feel his body tense up, but after a few seconds he hugged me back, i could literally feel the anger leave his body and he became calmer. We stayed like that for a few minutes, with him stroking my hair, and breathing deeply into my neck.

I pulled away after i was totally sure that he was calm. I took his hand and led him back to the loveseat . I was about to sit down next to him, when he picked me up and put me on his lap, i was about to protest when he said, 'I need you to be touching me so that i don't lose control,' and put his arms around me.

I didn't question him and proceeded to tell him my story. I had only told this story to my mother, i had refused to report it to the police in fear that the story would go around town. I didn't want to be known as the girl that got raped, i would rather bee known as Rose the slut.

As i told him my story, his hands would tighten and i would have to stop and give him time to control his anger. When i was done, Ian began wiping my face. I looked at him confused, until i saw the water on his hand. I hadn't noticed that i had been crying.

We sat in silence for a long time, then he brokw it first. 'When i find the bastard who did this to you, i will make him pay very painfully and slowly,' he said his eyes turning that shade of yellow. I cringed. 'It's owk, i guess it was meant to happen, since i got my little flower from this whole ordeal,' i said struggling to get up from his lap. He kept resisting. 'Stop squirming, Rosie, i'm not letting go ,' he said in an authorative voice.

He stared at me for a few seconds and said, ' i think it's time you met the pack....'