Chapter 32: "Say you promise."

READ MY RANT BOOK

-

Louis trudged out the front door, holding a two wash rags and a box of trash bags. He didn't even wait for me to follow after him, and in fact the door nearly slammed in my face.

I shivered at the windy September air and closed the door behind me, following after Louis who was throwing a rag in my direction.

It hit me in the face, and he let out what I assumed was a grunt.

"You were supposed to catch it," he sassed.

I rolled my eyes and took the slightly damp rag off of my face, "A warning would've been nice."

He didn't say anything as he turned around and snatched a large black plastic trash bag out of it's rectangular box. I watched him struggle slightly with opening it before he began to place random objects on the lawn inside.

Suddenly he stopped and looked at me sideways, "Are you going to just stand there, or are you going to help me?"

I sighed heavily, just as he sighed angrily, and walked over to the side of the house so that I could wipe away the dripping raw egg mess that I had caused. It took nearly ten minutes just to get the entire thing completely off, and as soon as it was done I moved to the next one that I threw. What about the one on the roof? I chuckled to myself as I thought about the sun cooking it in the morning.

"Something funny?" Louis asked, suddenly behind me with a full trash bag.

"No," I quickly answered.

He squinted his already squinty turquoise eyes, "I heard you laughing, though."

"So?"

"Fine, don't tell me. I don't give a shit, anyway," he grunted. "Actually, there's nothing I even care about, so i'll add that onto my list."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at Louis who was kicking the ground, looking like a school boy.

"Fuck life," he muttered. "Fuck everything. My parents included."

I frowned, knowing that his mood had changed because of his parents' appearance. It must have been hard for him to see them sporadically, and then have them leave each time he would get his hopes up. Louis, even though he was an asshole sometimes, didn't deserve that.

"Louis," I spoke, causing his head to snap up in a curious manner. His brown hair swept at the side of his face, and nearly covered his hooded eyes. "I'm sorry about them."

"Don't apologize," he sighed through his nose. "They're idiots, and I hate them. They should be the ones apologizing."

"You don't hate them," I retaliate.

"But I do."

"You think you do."

"No, Glimmer, I do," he sternly told me, setting down the black bag in his hand. Louis sighed and grazed his nails down the side of his face in thought.

"But Clark bought you those cool hamster balls, don't you appreciate him for that?" I tried to convince him that hating his parents would never get himself anywhere, but it wasn't going to work with a stubborn boy like Louis.

"Clark can go drown in the fucking lake for all I care," Louis bitterly laughed, crossing his arms against his chest. "Anyway, we need to keep cleaning so I can hurry and get the hell out of here."

"Where are you going?" I asked, my eyebrow lifting in question.

"Anywhere but here. I can't sleep in this damn house knowing that my mum and her stupidly pathetic husband are in the same building," he scoffed in disgust, taking his rag and wiping at a spot on the house I already cleaned.