Chapter 21: "That son of a bitch?"

hi lol my YouTube video was posted

louis is hot af >>>>>>

-

On Tuesday, I again visited Kiana at the hospital with Liam. Once I got there, the fact that her head had already been shaven, scared me - things were moving so quickly. Kiana told me that they might as well do it, though, because it was going to happen anyway. What made me envy her, was that Liam seemed to love her even more while she was hairless. She was a fighter, definitely.

On Wednesday, it was the usual; Michael hitting on my mom, and me trying to find a way to make him pay attention to Calculus matters. He wouldn't though, so eventually I ordered Pizza Hut and threatened him until he completed the problems i'd shown him, since we had a test the day after next. That was when he finally listened.

Thursday went by quicker than I thought, too. Liam hadn't been at school, so eighth period was quite boring. Louis did sit behind me, and I admit that I stole a few glances at him while he hadn't been paying attention, but he still didn't speak to me. He didn't look as angry, though.

After school Thursday, I did find out some great news. Louis had gotten his spot back on the soccer team, which Michael did inform me of through text. I was extremely happy for him, honestly. And maybe that was the reason he didn't look so angry.

Friday was today. So far, I had taken my Calculus test - which I was surprised that Michael hadn't whispered to me for help on. I also had lunch, when a random boy from Zayn's table - where Jenna also sat - named Franco asked me on a date. At first, I was confused as to why anyone would ask me. But Franco looked like a nice guy. He was slightly attractive, in a nerdy and dorky way at least. If only he took off those large circular glasses, he'd be alright looking.

Now, I was in eighth period. Mr. Norman was ranting on about how us kids never wear belts correctly, since a boy in our class named Jimmy had been sagging - but also wearing a belt, which defeated the purpose.

"At least his underpants are cool," Liam commented.

I cocked an eyebrow, "Iron man?"

Liam laughed. "What do you have against one of the coolest superheros of all time?"

"Just that he's made of iron, and supposedly can fly without the weight of his costume weighing him down."

"He's super!" Liam exclaimed, making me laugh. He and I shared a laugh for no real reason, but mainly I suppose because our conversation was meaningless and that it didn't really matter because Superhuman beings weren't exactly non-fictional.

"Glimmer."

The voice behind me that called my name was so soft, so familiar, almost as if I were only imagining it. I turned around, though, and both Liam and I's laughter immediately stopped.

Louis was sat looking at me with the most innocent blue-green eyes i'd ever seen him display. His thin lips were pressed together, like he was surprised that he had spoken to me for so long. I imagine my name felt almost foreign on his tongue, because of how long it's been since we've spoken our names to each other.

"Louis," I said in the same tone of voice.

He opened his mouth, "I-I'm..." Louis paused, and I gave him a look of wonder. Was he about to apologize to me? This would clearly be the day he had let his guard down, if he was. But at the same time, I couldn't wait for him to say the two words I earned.

"Never mind," Louis said instead, returning his eyes to his paper and quickly ending our short conversation.

I almost huffed as I turned around in my chair. This was probably the only time he'd speak to me in the next two weeks.