Chapter 19: Silent Treatment

REMINDER: THERE WILL BE SMUT IN THIS BOOK

-

From Harry:

Hiiii.

To Harry:

oh hey, harry (:

From Harry:

Mind if I call?

More than surprised at Harry's words, I quickly replied with a 'no, not at all'. At this point, I was more than positive that he wouldn't voluntarily speak to me at all. But at nine o'six on a Saturday night when he offered to call, I was proven false.

Quickly swiping the green answer option on the screen as it lit up, I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's Harry," he stated the obvious, in a tired and slightly husky voice. He was more than likely sleepy, and I wondered why he wanted to call me.

"Hey, what's up?" I said in my most friendly voice, not wanting to scare him away - or maybe even lull him to sleep - by being boring.

"Well, um," he sputtered. "I just wanted - sorry, am I keeping you awake? Were you sleeping before I called?"

"No, I wasn't. You sound tired, though," I pointed out, chuckling. Before he called, I was literally just staring up at my roof and doing absolutely nothing.

It was boring now that Louis wasn't somewhere in my life making fun of me, or calling me names or something of the sort. And now that I elaborate on it, my life was always this way - although I never actually considered it "boring".

Harry sighed from relief, "Okay, good. I was afraid that I woke you for a second. But the reason i've called, was because I want to apologize for acting like a...like a penis."

I quietly laughed, "You haven't been acting like a penis?" It felt strange saying the word to him.

"Yes, I have. I've been, sort of, ignoring you without giving you a reason why. That was absolutely immature on my part."

Rolling over to my stomach, I sighed. He was too nice. How could he possibly have "stolen virginities" somewhere in the past?

"That's okay. I do know why: I asked you something you didn't feel comfortable about answering. It was actually my fault, and i'm sorry too."

"There's no need for you to apologize," Harry excused. "I was acting like a fool. Anyway, i'll tell you the truth now if you'd still like to hear?"

"Only if you want to tell me." I was lying, I really did want to know.

Harry sighed, and I could hear him yawn for a good three seconds. I pictured him running a large hand down his face to rid him of his sleep.

"Well," he finally spoke, "The truth is that I used to play this game with Louis in grade eight, back when we were sort of close. We would shag virgins, and keep score. Eventually, I had twelve and he had fifteen meaning that he won."

Harry's voice sounded afraid as he continued. "It was a stupid and ridiculous game, and i've learned from that. I-I believe that i'm nearly a grown man now, and what we did was wrong. Totally, and so incredibly wrong. I've, actually, even apologized to those girls...at least most of them. I'm sorry you had to know this," he finished, sighing.

So, Louis did lie. Well, technically he didn't fib since Harry did used to steal virginities. But he hadn't told the full truth, where he was a part of it too. This, for some reason, disappointed me.