Chapter 44: Love Me Chase Me

~~Max's POV~~

"You ready?" Ricky asked, stepping into my room slowly.

"Yeah," I sighed, running my hand through the red part of my hair and pulling on a beanie.

"Everyone is downstairs," he said, grabbing my suitcase.

"Ricky I can carry it," I said, trying to take it away from him.

"Nope," he just walked out and down the stairs. I rolled my eyes, grabbed my phone and sunglasses, and went down stairs. Everyone was sitting in the living room, looking sad.

"What's with all the long faces?" I frowned.

"You're leaving, that's what," Kelly stood up and hugged me.

"I'm not leaving forever," I hugged her back and gave her a little squeeze.

"We're still going to miss you," she pulled away and smiled sadly with glassy eyes.

"I swear to god Kelly is you make me cry," I pulled her into another tight hug, causing everyone to chuckle. I pulled away and looked over at Angelo. He's not in the band anymore, so even if I somehow get to tour with these guys I won't be able to see him. The thought of that made tears well in my eyes.

"Come here," he stood up off the couch and held his arms open. I walked into them and he wrapped me in a warm hug.

"You're a shit Angelo," I said, holding tears back as I hugged him.

"Why is that?" he chuckled softly.

"Because you left the band and I'm not going to be able to see you at shows or during tours," I replied.

"Hey, next time there's a tattoo convention in LA I'll talk to Tyler and convince him to let me fly out there, ok?" he held me arms length and looked me in the eyes.

"Ok," I nodded and he kissed my temple. Ash walked over and hugged me next, squeezing me.

"I better see you at my South Cali dates," she said.

"You will," I smiled and hugged her back. After I hugged the others, I looked at Jessica and Dexter. It hurts enough just leaving the guys, but my brother and his family? That's hurts worse.

"I'll send you pictures and keep you updated," Jessica said as she hugged me.

"You better," I hugged her back and she handed Dexter to me. He was wearing one of the onesies I brought him and he was gurgling away. I smiled and the tears started forming again. "I'll miss you Dex," I kissed his forehead and looked into his beautiful eyes before handing him back to his mom.

"Come on Max," Ricky said sadly, standing in the doorway. I took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"I love you guys," I smiled sadly before following Ricky to the front door.

"We love you too!" they all called out before I shut the door behind me. Ricky put my suitcase in the trunk and we got in the car, the ride to the airport silent except for the faint sound of music playing at a low level through the speakers. Ricky walked with me all the way up to the security area.

"I'm gonna miss you," he said, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too Rick," I hugged him back.

"Be careful and call me when you get home," he squeezed me.

"I will. Take care of my nephew," I said.

"I will," he chuckled lightly.

"I love you Ricky. Please don't make me lose you too," I said sadly.