Chapter fourteen: Back at the orphanage

I woke up in my bed with Bryce sitting next to me and Annie at the foot of my bed. I was back at the orphanage.

“Taylor!! Aunty Katy brought you here. I’m sooo happy you’re okay!” Annie said as she hugged me. My mom isn’t really her aunt but she calls her that.

“I’m so glad to see you too!” I said as I hugged her back.

“What is all that screaming about?” Robinnette bellowed from the kitchen.

“Sorry Mrs. Robinnette!” Annie and I said at the same time.

            When I looked at my arms I had no burn marks or scratches. I was wearing a brand new shirt. I looked at Bryce and it was as if he hadn’t fought at all. I started thinking if that fight was all a dream.

No, it wasn’t. You’re mom healed us and gave us new clothes. I heard Bryce’s voice in my head.

“How did you do that?” I asked him.

“Do what?” he asked me.

“The talking in my mind thing!” I said.

“What are you talking about?”  Shut up!  He said in my mind again.

“There you go again!” I said.

“I’m not doing anything!” Shut up! You’re mom taught me. Annie doesn’t know anything about her parents and her powers yet!

We have powers? I asked him, surprised.

Apparently you didn’t, either.

Nobody told me!

“Sorry! I think I hit myself in the head before we left wherever we were.”

Nice save. He said

Shut up! I replied

I wasn’t being sarcastic. He said

“Sooo… are you guys like together?” I can’t believe that little girl just asked that.

“No!” I said fast.

“Yes!” Bryce said at the same time is I did.

I shot him a serious like and he said “I mean no.”

I thought we were together. His voice sounded kind of disappointed.

I don’t remember you asking me. I said back. I guess it came out a little bit too mean. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be mean. But it’s the truth. U never asked me.