Chapter five: The phone call

I felt someone right behind me. All I could think of was "Oh crap! I'm next!” I quickly turned around ready to punch someone. When I did, I saw it was Bryson. Wow, that guy is freaking fast and quiet!

"Don't do that again!"

"Don't do what again?"

"You know what I mean!"

"No, I don't!"

"The appearing right behind me without making a sound thing!"

"Everybody says I do that but I really don't know how I do it. I mean I just walked up to you. I don’t have super speed or anything."

      I go back to look at the screen of my phone. The number that called me seemed so familiar. "How come when you heard your phone ring you were looking all around to see who was screaming?"

“Because I forgot that was my ring tone." I said not looking away from the phone.

"Wow..." he said with a chuckle.

"What?"

"Nothing..." he said,

 “We've been stuck in this room for like four hours and I still don't know you're name."

"You don’t remember me? We were in English and Math class together.” I said taking my eyes of the phone.

No comment.

“I sat right next to you.”

Silence.

“It's Taylor." I said going back to looking at the phone.

        I got so curious that I decided to call. I got really nervous and my hands started to shake. When the person answered the phone I asked,

"Hello? Who is this?"

“Hey, Honey! It’s your mom!”

 It was my mom!! My favorite person in the whole wide world. I haven’t seen her or talked to her in about ten years. She left when I was six. She was beautiful. She had curly brown hair, brown eyes and milk chocolaty skin. She was the kindest person I’ve ever met. I wish I was with her right now. I wish she could just hug me and never let go; but I knew not everything could be as I wanted it to.

”Mom! I thought they forbade you to talk to me?”

”They did. I risked it all just to hear your voice.”

”Then what’s going to happen to you? Are they gonna take you to dad?” I had a worried expression on my face.

”No, sweetie. I hope not. Right now I’m on a mission on earth.”

”Where are you, mom? I really wanna see you when I get out of here! That is if I do.” I said in excitement then my voice lowered into a mutter.

“I’m afraid you can’t T.”

“Why not?”

“I called you to tell you the found you.”

“Who found me?”

“Promise me you won’t kill yourself before I get to see you.” Her voice was fading.

“Mom, who found me?!” I said raising my voice

”I love you!” then her voice faded completely.

”I love you too, mom...” Then I hung up.

  I was trying to hold back the tears but couldn’t. I miss her so much. Those ten years seemed like an eternity without her. I didn’t hear a comforting word coming from Bryson’s mouth. I mean, I didn’t care but… I don’t know. I spent at least fifteen minutes crying and nothing.

 No “don’t worry”. No “everything’s gonna be fine”... Nothing at all.