Chapter 39

We walked along the water of the beach, we kept walking until the sun began going down and the beach was virtually empty.

"Do you wanna go for a swim?" I asked James.

"Sure," He replied with a cheeky smirk.

"Hey don't get too excited, I'm not skinny dipping," I said lightly pushing his chest.

"That's fine," He replied still with a smirk.

"But I'm not getting this outfit wet, underwear it is," I smiled as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

"Fine," He smiled and swiftly removed his shirt revealing his abs which made my stomach flip. I mirrored his actions and took my own shirt off leaving me in my bra.

Before I got too nervous and decided to back out of this I pulled down my shorts leaving me feeling crazy nervous. I headed to the water leaving James behind me as he took his pants off. I turned around and walked backwards slowly, facing James as he also walked in the same direction as I.

All I could think about was how good he looked right now and I hope to god I do not fall over my own feet.

Once I felt the wet sand beneath my feet I turned and walked into the waves. Without waiting for James I began to swim.

I turned around to see him heading towards me. He kept all his focus on me, soon enough he was no more than a metre from me.

"What are you staring at?" I asked as I splashed a bit of water at him.

"My hot girlfriend," he replied.

"What do you think complements like that are going to do for you?" I quipped back. He shrugged and gave a devilish smirk. I splashed him in the face.

"Oi!" He yelled and tried to splash me back but I dived into the water and swam away. It felt good, to swim, to submerge in the cool salty water and just feel weightless.

That day was just the beginning.

---
a/n

*then a shark swam up and ate us both

I know it's only short lmao

I don't update in like a year and all you get is 300 words

But I have plans for the next chapter

tbh I'm only doing this for you, yes you reading this

Bye, hopefully it's not too long until the next update

(Who am I kidding see y'all in 2038)

-Lexie