Chapter Fourteen - My Savior

"I'm sorry." Hikaru apologized as he scratched the back of his head. We sat together on the snowy mountain away from the rest of the group. This is the first time in days that we've been able to talk one on one. Kaoru has been making sure that Hikaru stays close to his side, in case something were to happen I suppose. "You have nothing to apologize for. I want to know what's up." I told him. Recently at home Hikaru has been avoiding Tamaki at all causes and I could tell that it bothered both Rikan and Kaoru. My father had even pulled me aside to ask about it; of course I didn't tell him anything. If I couldn't tell Kaoru then it would be unfair of me to tell my father. Hikaru let out a large sigh and said "Well. . . I confessed to him that I love Haruhi and that I want to seriously pursue her and if all he wants is to be her daddy, then he needs to stop leading her on." I nodded, I love Tamaki he is my brother after all, but he needs to sort his feelings out. I can't support him until he figures out what he wants and until he does that all I can do is help out Hikaru. "You feel guilty though." He sighed again and adjusted his tuque. "I don't know. . ." "You love Nii - Sama just as much as you love Haruhi. It's completely normal to feel this way Hikaru. I felt it when Kaoru confessed to me." He looked over at me, a puzzled look in his eyes. I leaned my head and rested it on his shoulder. "You know, Kaoru was willing to let you have me because he loves you so much. I love you both so much and it hurt me to hurt one of you. . . In the end Hikaru, someone will get hurt but things will be okay, I'll make sure of it." Hikaru wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me closely. "This is why I knew you were meant to be with Kaoru. You're too kind you know." I laughed and hugged him back. "You're my best friend and my boyfriend's brother. I love you too ya know?" "Hey. . . Am I interrupting?" Kaoru asked hesitantly as he approached us. I reached up and kissed Hikaru gently on the top of the head. "Nope. How about we go find Haruhi." I said as let Kaoru help me up. I took both of their hands in mine as we went off in search for Haruhi. Kaoru eyed me secretively as we walked and I knew he had a ton of questions that he wanted to ask, but it wasn't time yet. . . "Haruhi!" I exclaimed as I spotted her lying down in the snow. "Are you okay!?" Hikaru exclaimed. "Yeah! I just got tired of waiting. I was charging up, I'd gotten here so early and got tired fast." She explained. "Well get up! Let's start!" I exclaimed as I pulled her up. "So Haruhi, Aki, what do you two want to try? Snowboarding or Skiing?" Kaoru asked. "Uhh, snowboarding seems impossible for me. . ." Haruhi said. "I'll do snowboarding." I replied simply. "Well that's true. Haruhi and snowboarding is a weird mix." Hikaru laughed. "Let's go suit up then!" Kaoru cheered as he dragged us all to get some gear.

"Alright, Haruhi. You have to position your feet like this." Kaoru said as he moved her skis for her. Hikaru had already shown me how to snowboard and thanks to all the books I read I was pretty much at a professional level. I watched as Haruhi slid forwards and tumble down the hill. "Haruhi!" The twins exclaimed as they ran after her. I sighed, they were all hopeless. I felt a sudden vibration in my coat. I slid off my glove and pulled out my cell. "Hello?" I said. "You might want to come down to the cabins." Kyoya's voice said quietly. "Kyoya - Sempai? What's wrong?" I asked. "Tamaki is going to kill me but you should come down and talk to him." "I'll be right there." I said as I took off running. "Where are you going?!" Kaoru yelled after me. "Bathroom!" I replied back. The cabins weren't too far from the mountain we were skiing on and I got there in minutes. I pulled open the door and ran inside; Mori standing in the hall. "Aki?" He asked, confused by my sudden appearance. "Where's Nii - Sama?" I asked as I walked into the cabin, not bothering to take off my shoes. "In the library. . . So this is why Kyoya wanted me to stand out here." He sighed as he beckoned for me to follow him. He opened the door and let me go ahead of him. "I MUST HAVE A DISEASE!" Tamaki yelled as he rolled around on the floor. "What's wrong with him?" I asked Kyoya. "He's trying to confront his feelings about Haruhi. Honey - Sempai mentioned that he doesn't think that Tamaki's feelings are fatherly like and now. . . he's doing this." Kyoya said as he motioned to Tamaki who looked like he was dying. "What are we going to do?" Honey asked as he looked down at Tamaki. I growled and grabbed the front of Tamaki's shirt. "Aki? What are you doing here?" Tamaki asked. I slapped him across the face and I watched his dumbstruck expression become that of hurt. "Stop being so naïve Nii - Sama!" I yelled. "Haruhi is not your daughter! She will never be! I can't say anything about how Hikaru and Haruhi are feeling but I need you to man up! You're hurting everyone here Nii -Sama! You love Haruhi! Why can't you see that!" I cried. I bent over and rested my head on his shoulder. "Hikaru is hurting so much. . . And so are you. So I just. . . Need you to start acting your age, just for this decision. You could end up losing those important to you Nii - Sama and I know how it feels to lose, to fall apart. I don't want that to happen to the Host Club and I know you are trying to protect them but you're the one breaking us apart!" Tamaki's arms wrapped around my shoulders and hugged me closely. "I'm sorry. . . I just, don't know what to do." He whispered. I let out a sob and hugged him closely. "You're the older brother you'll figure it out." I looked over at Kyoya and he gave me a secretive smile and I knew I'd done well.