Chapter Thirteen - Sorry

"You are going to have to go the rest of the way by yourself." Mori said as he put me down on the top step of the clock tower building. "Yes, I can make it. Just be ready for if he does decide to jump." I told him. Mori gave me a smile and said "We won't have to be. He will listen to you, because he loves you." I grabbed the railing and pulled myself up. I made my way to the outside door and gently pushed it open. I tumbled into the outdoor railing and eased my way along it; quietly making my way closer to where Kaoru was balancing. I was already exhausted from just walking that short distance, but I had to keep going. I momentarily lost my balance and made enough noise that Kaoru noticed me. "Go away Aki." He said as he turned to look out over the school. "What are you doing Kaoru? This isn't going to solve anything." I told him as I kept sliding forwards. "Did they send you up here just to get me down? How cruel." Kaoru mocked. "I came up here on my own accord I'll have you know." I told him as I sat down on the other side of where he was balancing. "Come on Kaoru, this isn't you. How does this benefit you in any way?" I asked. I heard him sigh and I knew he had no intention of answering me, so I continued. "I really thought you would be one of those people who fights for what they love or am I wrong? Are you really going to let this bump in the road be the reason to end your life? I get that things are hard, but I really wish you would reconsider. Oh, I'm rambling, but before you jump I wanted to show you something." I told him as I unclasped the necklace from around my neck. I held it out to him and he took it from my hand. I heard him take a sharp intake of breath and then he said "Where did you get this?" "Hikaru gave it to me. He told me that someone special wanted me to have it. He wouldn't tell me who though, do you have any ideas?" I joked. Kaoru held on tightly to the railing and brought his hand back and threw the necklace as far as he could. "What did you do that for!?" I yelled as I stood up; making myself dizzy. "What did you come here for Aki?" He asked tensely. "You." I said simply. That made him turn and look at me. His face was so pale. . . and his eyes were masked with deep circles and stress lines. "Don't play games like that. It's not funny." He said sternly. "I am not playing games. I wouldn't play games with your life at stake." I told him. He stared at me for a long time before saying "Prove it." I gripped the railing tightly and inched closer to him, being careful that he wouldn't just jump as soon as I got to him. He held his breath as I leaned in real close and pressed my lips to his. He didn't move at first but after a few seconds of me not removing myself he kissed me back. I could taste his tears and it made me cry along with him. I pulled back and placed my lips by his ear. "I love you Kaoru Hitachiin." He lifted one of his hands to my face and caressed it there. "I'm so sorry." He sobbed. I gave him a smile and he returned it immediately. My smile suddenly disappeared as I heard a large crack. Kaoru suddenly fell downwards and I grabbed hold of him. This didn't really help the situation at all. . . I was too weak to hold up his weight and we both just ended up falling. I screamed and looked for something to grab hold of. Kaoru somehow grabbed a part of the edge of the clock tower and grabbed my hand as I fell past him. I dangled there and looked down; I hadn't realized how high up we were. "Just hang on." Kaoru said as he looked around desperately for something to help him pull us both up. I could feel our grasps begin to falter and I could tell that we weren't going to be able to hold on for much longer. "You have to let me fall." I told him as I eyed everyone watching us down below. "I am not letting you fall. Damn it this is entirely my fault!" Kaoru cursed. "Kaoru. . . You're not going to be able to hold onto me for much longer. Let me go." I told him. He glanced down at me; his tears rolling off his face and down towards the earth below. "I can't. I can't let you fall." He whispered. "I love you too much to let you go again." "I'm sorry Kaoru. I promise I'll come back to you." I told him as I let go of his hand. "No! Don't do this!" Kaoru yelled as he tried to keep his grasp on me. "I'm so sorry." I whispered as I plummeted downwards. I turned myself in the air and searched for someone specific down below. Once I was a good fifteen feet off the ground I knew what I had to do. "Takashi - Sempai!" I yelled as I opened my arms. I suddenly saw his figure fly off the ground and came hurtling towards me. He grabbed me and then landed us both safely on the ground. "Aki - Nee!" Rikan yelled as he came over to us. He wrapped his arms around my neck and held me tightly. "Are you insane? You could have gotten yourself killed!" I held my brother back ran my fingers through his hair. "I knew I was safe. Is Kaoru alright?" I asked as we pulled apart. "Yes, Hika - Chan and Tama - Chan were ready if anything went wrong. They're probably on their way down." Honey said as he patted my head. "Aki!" Kaoru cried as he and the others came rushing over to us. I wrapped my arms around him and clung onto him like a koala. "Sorry. . ." I told him quietly. Kaoru hugged me tightly and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you." He sighed. "Love you too." I smiled as he shifted me in his arms. "Don't ever do anything like that again!" Tamaki cried as he kissed the top of my head. "I promise. I think I'm done with being reckless." I told him as I wiped at his tears. "Thank goodness, I don't think I can take anymore." Hikaru sighed. I laughed and ruffled his hair. "I'm awfully tired, can we go home?" I asked as I rested my head in the crook of Kaoru's neck. "Yes, I think that would be good." Kyoya agreed. "Aki! I found this and I think it belongs to you." Haruhi said as she held something out to me. I took it out of her hands and smiled. "How'd you get this? Kaoru threw it from up there." I said while nodding towards the clock tower. "We saw it fall. I thought that you'd want it back." Haruhi said. I smiled at her and bowed my head to her. "Thank you Haruhi, this means a lot you know." "You mean a lot to everyone Aki, and you being happy is all anyone wants. What I'm trying to say is. . . Everyone loves you Aki, so don't go anywhere okay?" She said as she helped me put the necklace on. I nodded and closed my eyes tiredly, breathing in the scent of Kaoru, I fell soundly to sleep.