Chapter Ten - Family is Family

"You should get going, Mitsukuni - Sempai texted me while we were coming here and told me that Hikaru has locked himself in one of Takashi - Sempai's rooms." I told Kaoru as we stood by the Suoh mansion door. "Yeah, I have to go sort some stuff out with him, I have been rather cruel and selfish." I squeezed his hand gently and said "He'll forgive you though, he's the older brother; he'll know what to do." Kaoru nodded and gave me a smile. We'd decided it would be best if I was taken home before Kaoru went to go deal with Hikaru, plus Tamaki hasn't stopped texting me since we left the amusement park and it's driving me insane. "So Kaoru. . . ?" I whispered. "Hm?" He asked as he bent his head down so he could hear me. "What does this mean for us?" I said, barely audible but I knew he'd caught what I'd said. He bent down and gently pressed his lips to mine, I kissed him back but he pulled away. I made a pouting face and he brought his mouth down to mine again. "I guess this means that you're mine." He whispered. We both turned our heads as we heard a crash from inside. "I think someone is eavesdropping." I laughed. "Yeah, Milord is probably going to have a word with me tomorrow. I'll see you in class?" I nodded eagerly and gave him one last kiss on the forehead before he bounded off to his car. I stood in front of the house until the car disappeared then stepped inside. "Do you need any help?" I asked one of the maids as she was dusting broken glass into a dustpan. I slid my shoes off and made my way over to her. "No! That's quite alright Ms. Suoh! Though there's an eager someone waiting for you upstairs." She whispered as if she didn't want Tamaki to hear her. I nodded and headed up the stairs. "Nii - Sama? " I called as I wandered towards his bedroom. I walked in and shut the door behind me. His face was flushed red, which gave away the fact that he was spying on us. Five, four, three, two. . . "You're all grown up!" Tamaki exclaimed as he rushed over and spun me around in circles. "You, Kaoru, Haruhi and I can all have a double wedding! This is so exciting! I've been dying to tell you for the past three days that Kaoru liked you, I was sort of happy that you chose that shady twin than the other shady twin. I swear to God Hikaru would have been the worst possible match for you! Now come on, come on! Tell me all about your date!" Tamaki said all in a rush as he pulled me over to his bed. Hold the phone; did he say that Haruhi, he, Kaoru and I should all get married together? Where did he get that silly idea?? "Did you just say that Kaoru and I and you and Haruhi should all have a double wedding?" I asked as crawled into the middle of the bed. I watched his pale skin turn an even brighter red and I laughed. "I said no such thing! Haruhi is my daughter! A father just wants his daughter to be happy!" I frowned slightly, what exactly is he trying to protect? I knew he thought of Haruhi as more than his daughter and it bothered me that he couldn't see his own feelings for her. . . Though I guess I shouldn't be talking because I didn't know Kaoru liked me until a few hours ago, but I had a slight idea, he was the one who kissed me in the infirmary when I was sick a few months back. I sighed and let the Haruhi thing go, just so that I wouldn't upset Tamaki. I went along and told him about how Kaoru and I got together and Tamaki drank up the story as if he were there. At the end of it all, I'm glad I had someone to talk to about this. Tamaki made a great brother and I am so proud to be called his little sister.

"Hikaru what did you do to your hair?" I asked as I ran over to him and ran my fingers through it. I didn't get the chance to see either Kaoru or Hikaru his morning because Tamaki had fiddled around with my alarm clock and we were hours late for school. "I dyed it, do you like it?" He asked. I couldn't get over how weird he looked with dark ash hair instead of his auburn colour. I marveled at his and kept playing with it as if I'd never seen hair before. "I love it." I replied. "Good! I was worried about the colour but was happy with the end result." Hikaru said. I went behind him and jumped at his back. He easily caught me and carried me down the hall with me still goofing around with his hair. "I'm sorry about yesterday. . . I guess I didn't really know how to confront my feelings. I just felt a bit left out." He confessed. "I am really happy for you and Kaoru though. We can still be friends right?" "I would never stop being your friend Hikaru." I told him. "Oh and I am rooting for you and Haruhi, even though Nii - Sama likes her too." I said quietly. "What was that?" He asked. "Nothing." I replied, I don't think Hikaru has fully understood that 'Milord' is also in love with Haruhi. He opened the door to the club room and stepped inside. "You're finally here!! Come with me and get changed!" Tamaki yelled as he pulled me off Hikaru. "Okay! We're cosplaying again today?" I asked. "Yes! You're going to be so happy with what I chose out for you!" Tamaki said as he shoved me into a changing room. I slid off my clothes and put on the costume that was hanging up for me. I couldn't quite see what it was yet but when I looked at myself in the mirror I looked like some ninja. . . I think. I wore a short purple dress with swords strapped across my back. I came out of the changing room and plopped myself down beside Kaoru on the sofa. I propped my legs up on his lap and he helped me put on the stupide tie shoes that wrapped all the way up to my knee. "What exactly are you supposed to be?" I asked him. "A samurai from the older days. We're letting our guests imagine us to be whatever they want, or so that's what Kyoya told us." He said as he tied up the ribbon around my thigh. "I think I'm supposed to be a ninja?" I asked. He laughed and took my hand. "You're too cute to be a ninja." It was my turn to laugh then and I poked him in the side. "Hey, I could probably kick your ass." "That's true." He admitted. I leaned forwards and poked at his ponytail. "Both you and Hikaru with new hair? I can't take all this change!" I said dramatically. "Mine's fake though, it's only a today thing so don't worry your little head." He said as he pecked me on the cheek. "Get a room." Hikaru said as he slumped down beside me. "You two are dating now?" Honey asked as he came to sit on my lap. I nodded and blushed slightly. "That's so great!" He said happily as he hugged me around the neck. "Guests are arriving." Kyoya said as he came over and helped me up. I placed Honey gently on the ground and followed Kyoya. He had something on his mind and I knew he was dying to tell me something. Kaoru stayed with Hikaru, but I knew he was watching us walk away. "What's up Kyoya - Sempai?" I asked. "Has Tamaki told you that we're going to France soon?" He said immediately. "No, not a word." I said as we both sat down at a table. "I just wanted you to know, but I don't think Tamaki is going." "Is it because of his. . . our mom?" I asked. Kyoya nodded then waved politely as some guests passed us. "If he stays I just want to know if you'll keep a close eye on him. Don't let him do anything stupid." I laughed nervously and said "Challenge accepted." Kyoya held out a fist and I smiled as I gave him a fist pump. "Mori - Sempai!" Haruhi exclaimed. Kyoya and I both got up calmly and went over to see what the fuss was. I peered around Kaoru and saw a boy bowing in front of Mori, his freakishly red hair sticking out like a sore thumb in the room. "Please take me on as your apprentice!" The boy pleaded. "Who is this?" I asked quietly. Kaoru shrugged and took my hand. I sighed and waited for an explanation from someone. "Let's get the guests out first and we'll figure it out." Tamaki said as he ushered some girls out of the host club.