Chapter 8.

Athena

C h a p t e r    E i g h t

“Athena, where are you going?” Dad asked, his arms crossed over his broad and muscular chest. Oops, I was busted.

Dad was nearly forty-five years old, but he was still really muscular and still as fit as a twenty year old, according to my Mum. Now that was something I seriously did not want to hear, but I had to when I got the bees and birds talk. Now, that, was the most awkward thing of my entire life.

“Just to a party, Daddy,” I smiled innocently, fluttering my eyes, trying to look as cute as possible so that he would be persuaded to let me to go to this party. Dad always said that I was his weakness, being his only daughter and angel.

“Athena, you know not to go out late nowadays, with all these rogues around kidnapping these innocent children!” He looked as if he had just aged another twenty years thinking about it.

“I know, Daddy. But it’s just one party and I swear I’ll be back before midnight and you’ve been training me since I was practically born and you know I can handle a few measly Rogues,” I pleaded. This was the biggest party of the year and I did not want to miss it. And Tom was going to be there too!

“Athena, I know you’ll be able to handle them, honey. But I don’t want you to get hurt,” he was silently pleading me with his green eyes, which I had inherited, to stay at home.

“But I won’t get hurt, Daddy. And I’m sixteen in two days anyways, I’m responsible, and Tom’s going to be dropping me off anyways,” I said, in hopes of persuading him to let me go.

“Athena––"

“Daddy, please,” I pouted, looking at him with my puppy eyes, which seemed to work every time.

“Okay, but you better be home by midnight, or I swear to Moon Goddess, I’ll send out a search party,” he warned, looking at me with stern eyes. “And be careful; take this silver spray with you,” he instructed, handing me a bottle of silver spray, which was like pepper spray but for wolves instead because pepper spray wasn’t as effective on wolves as they were on humans.

I rolled my eyes at my Dad’s over-protectiveness but nonetheless nodded, taking the spray and stuffing it in my clutch.

“Thanks Daddy,” I grinned, wrapping my arms around neck into a hug. Even though I was in six inch heels, I still had to step on my tip-toes to hug him.

“You’re welcome, my baby,” he smiled, hugging me back. Nobody could give a better hug than my Dad. His warms were always warm and comforting, but now, as I hugged him back, I could help but feel as though there was something wrong. There was an uneasy feeling in my gut.

“I love you Daddy, you’re the best Dad in the world wide world,” I said, with the biggest smile at on my face.

“I know, I know,” he rolled his eyes, but still couldn’t help but smile a little. “You can go; you don’t need to flatter me anymore. Now go, before I change my mind, and pull the dress down. I don’t want anyone staring at my baby’s arse.”

“Thanks Daddy, love you loads,” I called, from the front.

Before he closed the door, I heard him faintly say, “I love you too sweetheart.”

I woke up with a gasp and a banging headache and sore and aching muscles, everywhere. I still remember that day as vividly. It was like it was yesterday.

I miss my Dad though. I wonder what he would’ve said about Colton. I know for sure that Dad would’ve loved him. He was possessive and an Alpha, Dad would’ve loved him, because he would've thought that Colton was capable of protecting me and loving me even more than he loved me.