Chapter 7.

Athena
C h a p t e r    S e v e n

“I’ll be back in fifteen minutes, okay?” I said, pecking Colton on the lips.

Instead, he threaded his hand through my blond hair, pushing his lips harder against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing him even closer to me. This was probably the last kiss that we were going to have, so I might as make most of it, right? I kissed him with everything I had in me, with all my emotions, regret, guilt, sadness and even a little love.

I was starting to like Colton, maybe more than like but I wasn’t sure. I hadn’t known him for that long, only a few hours, but he made me feel like nobody else has ever made me feel before. I know he’s protective for my safety and it makes me so happy to know that he would even fight me to protect me.

And not to mention those damned sparks and that every fibre of my body wants to push me to him. My wolf has already fallen in love with him, and it makes it hard to resist him even more when half of me has already fallen heads over heels for him.

“I’ll be back soon,” I whispered against his lips. He groaned but nodded anyways.

“If you’re not done if fifteen minutes, I’ll come there and search for you myself, okay?” he said, looking at me straight in the eyes.

I felt nothing but guilt as he placed his trust in me. Here he was: trusting me while I was about to run away from him. Damn I’m too kind! I shouldn’t be feeling guilt; in fact, I should be elated right now to be finally getting away from my kidnapper. Damn–why am I so kind?!

“Bye,” I said, giving him one last peck on the lips.

With that, I dashed upstairs into the apartment block, running up the five sets of stairs to get to my apartment. The elevators weren’t working, which meant that I had to run up five freaking sets of stairs to get to my home.

I changed my clothes before I quickly grabbed a bag, beginning to throw random pieces of clothing in. My adrenaline was pumping, urging me to hurry up and get out of here before he caught me. It was my survival instincts that were telling me to calm down and think with a cool mind so that I could escape.

Throwing in a few outfits, a few necessities and emergency money and credit card which I always kept hidden for situations like this, I nearly cursed myself for not noticing how long I was taking.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Shit. My palms started sweating. My heart started beating erratically.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The footsteps were getting louder–closer. I had to get away and I had to get away now. Walking out of the front door was no longer an option. The only way I could get out was through the window.

I had to jump out of the window from five floors up. This is probably a good time to say, FML.

Dashing to the window, I opened it wide open, the soft wind caressing my cheeks. This was going to be one epic drop. At least when I’m escaping, I’m escaping in style–like James Bond! Maybe I should just stop making lame jokes–but it was a habit when I was nervous.