Chapter 22

"You're sure it's mine?" Matt asked me.

"Stefan can't procreate so I'm pretty positive." I replied. "Please don't hate me Matt."

"Why would I hate you, our child's gonna be awesome! Come on a hybrid/human/psychic kid, who wouldn't want that!" Matt smiled.

"You're really happy about this?" I asked him.

"Why wouldn't I be and you can have that family you always wanted." Matt smiled.

"So us?" I asked him.

"I think we should try the couple thing, if you want like." Matt offered.

Matt and I be a couple? Could I do that, to Rebekah, to Stefan, to myself. Matt was a human and I love Stefan but I might learn to love Matt too. He is the father of my unborn child but even if he is the father, he'll never be the proper father. He'll never be there to change diapers or anything but he could be if me and him were together. Although my heart will always belong to Stefan and now Marcel's involved, I don't know what to do.

"I don't want a relationship with you Matt, I'm sorry." I told him.

"Is it Stefan?" He asked me.

"Partly and party not." I hesitated.

"Ok, it's your decision." Matt smiled sadly.

"Thank you but i also have to go back to New Orleans for a while." I told him.

"What?! How long?" He asked me and I shrugged. "Demi I want to be there for you and look after you."

"I'll be fine Matt and I'll come back now and then." I told him. "And you can come to New Orleans whenever you want."

"Do you want my advice? Don't go." He told me. "I'm not asking you to stay for me, I'm asking you to stay for Stefan, he needs you."

"He'll never forgive me." I put my head down.

"He will, he loves you." Matt told me, lifting my head.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Matt." I smiled at him.

"Just go talk to him." Matt told me.

"Ok." I sighed standing up. "I guess this is bye Matt for now."

"Yea, bye." Matt said.

Matt held out his hand for me to shake and I just stared at it.

"Matt I think we're past that." I laughed then hugged him.

"Promise you'll come back soon?" He asked.

"I promise baby daddy." I smiled at him.

I got up then ran. I didn't run to Stefan's, I ran to Rebekah's. I thought I had to apologise to her and say goodbye. I walked on into her house and into the living room where I saw her and Korbin and Nathaniel.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked my brothers.

"What are you doing here?" Korbin asked me.

"I came to see Rebekah." I replied.

"Get out of my house you little bitch." Rebekah hiss at me.

"Bekah-

"Don't Bekah me Demetria! You always do this! You always take what I want and you always get it. Everyone chooses you over me! You stole Matt from me and Stefan and Niklaus!" She yelled.

Now I finally got what his was all about. She wasn't mad at me cause I stole Stefan or Matt, she was mad that I stole Niklaus. Before I joined the family Rebekah and Niklaus were always happy together and she's jealous of the relationship we have.

"Niklaus is my twin Rebekah, you might be his half sister but he will always be my twin and you getting jealous wont change that." I told her.

"He was mine before he was yours! Everything would have been fine you would have stayed with your family, I used to be the only sister, they used to love me the most but then you came alone and ruined it!" Rebekah screeched

"It's not my fault our brothers can't tolerate you, I don't blame them." I folded my arms.

Rebekah ran towards me with a dagger and tried to stake me but I defended it. I pushed Rebekah away but she jumped up and tried to dagger me again just with a normal stake. Since it was only a normal stake and she was bugging me, I grabbed the dagger of her and stuck it through her heart. Rebekah fell back onto the floor, that should kept her silent for a while.

"When she wakes, tell her she means nothing to me anymore." I told my brothers then headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Nathaniel asked me.

"Me and my baby are going back to New Orleans where we'll be welcomed and cared for which is more than I can say for here. I hope to see you again brothers." I said vaguely even though my heart was breaking. "Goodbye."

Before they could say anything, I ran out the door and to Stefan's. I got to Stefan's but stopped, normally I would just walk on in but this time I knocked. Damon answered it and held the door open forms to walk in without saying anything. I nodded walking past him and walked on into the living room where I saw Stefan and Elena and Matt sleeping on the couch.

"Why's Matt sleeping here?" I asked anyone.

"I snapped his neck." Damon replied.

I didn't think when I heard that, I had a sudden reaction. I turned to Damon and stuck my hand into his chest and grabbed his heart.

.................