Chapter sixteen: Man of my Word

Chapter sixteen

Man of my Word

We both bolted for the wall. Tobias practically ran up the thing before grabbing the rope and quickly pulling himself up. I on the other hand barely could reach the stupid rope with a running start. This already sucked, and we barely started. 

"Come on Raja," he called, straddling the top. "I'll wait for you here."

"Shut up," I muttered. I muscled my way to the top and glared at him. "I hate you."

He game me a smirk before sliding down the other side and running off. 

I did the same and spirited after him. I even managed to catch up which made me feel a little better. We arrived at these black things spread across the ground. Yes, I had watched the boys do it, but now that it was my turn I felt completely lost. 

"Keep you knees high are you catch your foot on the tire and face plant. Trust me, it hurts." 

I stood there for a moment while he demonstrated. Everything was just so easy for him. I narrowed my eyes as he stood on the other side and waved at me. This wasn't fair. His legs were longer. I did the weird hop thing across and nearly fell only once. The general took off before I finished, and I hurried after him. My attitude toward this was getting worse. He was right. They're was a height limit, and I didn't make the cut. 

The next one was a beam, and Tobias would ran across it. This one I could do. I zipped along the pole and got to the other side before him. He laughed at me as we charged toward the rope ladder. I weaseled my way up it somehow just behind the general. and pulled myself into the platform. Toadais was on his feet in a matter of seconds. He ran across the platform and launched himself off the end. Catching a rope midair, he swung back around and easy lowered himself down to the ground. I wandered over to the edge just stood there, staring down at him. He had to be kidding me. I hadn't seen this part, and even if I had the boy had made it look easy. 

"Come on grabbed the rope." He stood there with his arm open. "I'm here if you fall."

"I can't reach it," I muttered. 

"You have to get a running start and grab it."

"I'll hit the side." I had no idea how he did that fancy swing thing and them just kicked off the wall and climbed on down.

"Come on," he waved for me. 

"This isn't as fun as I thought it would be." I folded my arms. I was going to loss, and him just standing there while our audience laughed was humiliating. 

"Come on. If you want sit on the ledge and jump down to me. I'll catch you."

"No one else did that."

"Yeah, we'll they've been doing this for years and are a bit bigger than you."

I shook my head. "I'm going to do it."

"Alright, then I'll just keep going." He turned to leave.

"Wait! Just-just stay there." I was going to try, but I rather have someone to catch me if I messed up. I back up a couple steps and with a running jump, I pushed off the ledge. I grabbed the rope and wrapped my body around it. Tobias just smiled as I sat at practically the very top and swung back and forth. Very slowly I inched my way down and was soon back on solid ground. My heart was pounding. That was a little more never wracking that I had hoped for today.

"See," I breathed. "Better warrior than you, and I'm smaller."

"We're not done yet." 

The race continued to the logs. Tobais easily jumped and rolled over the different heights. I did okay expected for the one that was to my shoulders. I thought it was ridiculous if they thought some one my height could get over that thing, but someone I managed, and I only fell on my ass twice. Then we wentto some weird rope swing thing across a mud pond. That was easy compare to the others.