Chapter nine Good Morning

Chapter nine

Good Morning

“Tobias?”

“Shhh…” hissed the general. “You’re going to wake him up.”

I kept my eyes and pretend to still be asleep. As much as I hate the general, I was comfortable and warm. Two things that I had grown to crave over the last month. It wasn’t like he was violating me either, just playing with my hair as I laid curled by his side, so I was content to just stay put. 

“The members of the counsel will be here soon, so when ever you two decided to get up tell me so I can get Raja ready.”

“I’m sure you have plenty of time,” he said in a hushed voice. “Now go.”

“Fine, I’ll have some bring up breakfast later.”

“Just go Nina,” he muttered.

I heard the door close and shifted a little. Opening my eyes, I peeked up at the general. He was staring at a thick object on his lap.

“What are you doing?” I yawned, scooting up the bed so my head was more on a pillow. 

“Going through some of the books my father gave me. Military strategy. You won’t understand it.”

I sat up and glanced at the page. “You use the same words.”

“Really?” he chuckled. “Took you this long to figure that out.”

“No,” I muttered, slapping my hand down on the book. “Those are the same words my father taught me. Well the same letters. I’m not very good at reading.”

“Hmm…” he said, raised an eyebrow. “So you’re more indoctrinated then I thought,” he sighed, shutting the book and putting it to the side.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I glared at him. This wasn’t exactly how I liked to wake up. 

“You never wondered why we can understand each other.”

“No,” I muttered. “You’re Satan. I figure you could speak all languages.”

The general laughed. “I do know a couple, but that beside the point.” He turned himself to me and gave me a smirk. “When we discovered your little world, we sent people to pretty much brain wash you and make you think your language was a demonic tongue and ours was that spoken by the gods,” he said in a mocking tone. “That’s what I’m guessing at least. But don’t worry, you’re not the only ones we did this too.” He sunk down in the bed and open the book again. “They say that once the seed is planted in your little savage mind that in time your language will die out and ours will become the prominent dialect. Seemed to work well enough with your people, and if it doesn’t we just go in and mess with your brain waves a little.”

“That a lie!” I snapped. “You’re making all of that up.”

“Believe what you want.” 

I felt like punching him in the face but decided to just move over to the far side of the bed instead. I hated him. The general just like to make fun of me because I didn’t know much about his stupid world. We remained like that in silence for awhile, until my morning routine decided to intervene. I had to go and the feeling was only building. It finally got to the point that I could stand it anymore.

“I need to use the bathroom,” I muttered.

“Then go. I presuming you know how.”

I shot a scowl over my shoulder. “Of course I know! But you said I’d get shocked, and I need to go.”