Chapter 27

This chapter is dedicated to LadyK30 . When I first began writing this story way back in April or May, I sent her a message asking her to read my stories because she is one of my favorite authors on Wattpad. Y'all I'm not even sure whether she got the message or not, but I looked at my notifications a few days ago and not ONLY did she read and vote, but she left hella comments. I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! Thank you for sharing your talents with us, and thank you so much for your support. You don't know how much it means.

Chapter 27

Caya

The dark room seemed to close in around me as my feet carried me toward my destination. There was a faint light at the end of the hall that I could barely make out, but I knew it housed an exit. I ran frantically in the direction of it, trying hard to steady my breathing.

Step, step, breathe... Step, step, breathe...

My feet beat tirelessly against the cold tile floor, as I drew nearer to the light. But, it felt as if the closer I got, the further away it felt.

"Stop running Caya," I heard a voice call out.

Startled, I stopped dead in my tracks. I glanced around the room, doing a 360 spin, but was met with darkness. Deciding that my mind was playing tricks on me, I began running again.

"I said stop running Caya!" the voice boomed once again. It was then that I became familiar with the deep vibrato. It was my father.

"Daddy?" I exclaimed, turning around. I was met with both him and Uncle G of course. They were standing side by side, draped in all white looking as good as only they could.

I reached out and wrapped my arms around them both as best as I could.

"Oh my gosh, I've been you both so much!" I cried. "Why can't I just stay here with you Daddy?"

Daddy shook his head and led me toward the light near the end of the hall.

"This isn't a place for you sweetheart. It's not your time yet. Go back out there, right your wrongs and live for yourself and your son. Cj needs you more than I do baby." He explained.

Everything Daddy said made sense, but I wasn't ready to let him go yet. It felt good to finally be able to see him again and be held in his strong embrace.

I felt Uncle G place a hand on my shoulder. "Give a message to my babygirl for me will you?" he asked. I nodded. "Tell her that I love her, that I miss her everyday, and when the time is right I'll come visit her." He placed a kiss on my cheek and began walking away. After a while he simply vanished. I looked back up toward Daddy.

"Do you have to leave too?" I asked timidly, afraid of his answer.

"I'm afraid that I do sweetheart. But, I need you to stop running from your problems. I know you didn't want to attend that AA meeting and that's how you eneded up here, but you have to. You have to face your fears head on. You'll never forgive yourself if you quit now." He wrapped his arms around me once more and placed a loving kiss on my forehead. I tried to keep my tears at bay as I basked in the moment. I felt like I was a little girl all over again and I wanted to stay like this forever.

"I love you Cayatana." He whispered before turning and walking away.

"I love you too Daddy." I replied just as he vanished into thin air.