Chapter 29

Chapter 29

*3 weeks later*

Caya

"Look Mommy look!" CJ screamed as he tried his best to climb out the car.

I rushed around to his side of the car to help him out of his car seat. He, Kellen, Ivy, Tahj, and his daughter Kali, and I were all at 6Flags for the day. We had all been pretty stressed out lately so we decided to just take a day trip to let loose a little. Plus, it was a great way for our kids to bond.

No, Tahj and I weren't dating or anything, but it was nice for our kids to have little play dates every now and then.

"Ooo Daddy look at the big rollycoasty!" Kali's little overjoyed self screamed. The kids were more than anxious to get out of the car and onto the many rides.

After unloading the car, and paying for our park tickets, we were finally inside the park allowing CJ and Kali to go crazy.

"Daffy mommy! It's Daffy!" CJ yelled while dragging my hand over to the Daffy Duck character. This was like the fifth picture we'd taken since we got here, but if it made CJ happy I'd take a thousand more pictures. "Come on Tah, you take one too!" CJ motioned for Tahj and Kali to join in the picture with us.

Tahj shot me an unsure look and I simply shrugged my shoulders. I could see Ivy and Kellen making faces at me out of the corner of my eye, but I just chose to ignore them. They could be so petty.

Tahj and I got on either side of Daffy, and CJ begged for Tahj to pick him up. Following CJ's lead, Kali reached her arms up to me and I placed her on my hip. We both blew kisses at the camera while CJ and Tahj threw up the deuces. A few seconds later our picture printed out, and I must admit it turned out quite nicely.

"You all are a beautiful family," the camera lady commented.

I gave her a small smile and shook my head. "Thank you, but we're not a family."

"Oh," she covered her mouth. "I'm sorry I just assumed."

I held up my hand to cut her off while shaking my head. "Oh no, it's fine you didn't know." I smiled once again before grabbing the picture and walking off.

Ivy soon fell into step with me and linked her arm around mine.

"Oh, y'all are such a cute family." She teased.

I playfully rolled my eyes and pushed her away from me. "Shut up, ho. That is not funny."

"I thought it was cute though. You guys would make a cute little family." She nudged me while wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Yeah, I don't know about all that Ivy. Slow ya roll."

"I'm just saying, I know you aren't looking for a relationship, but you've been smiling more than ever these past three weeks and I can tell that being with Tahj makes you happy. Hell, even Kali loves you."

I looked down at Kali who was holding my hand while admiring all the rides and games we were passing by. It was true Kali did love me, and I was honestly growing more attached to her day by day. But, I refused to get myself foolishly caught up in a horrible situation again.

"I see that look on your face, Cay. Don't think too hard about it just continue doing what you're doing. I'm just being my usually pushy self." She sang.

"Mommy, can we go get on that one?" CJ yelled while pointing at a little kiddy train ride. I couldn't tell my baby boy no, so I allowed him to lead the way.