5. Dull Reminders

I looked back at Mickey, realization hitting me. Her face exactly matched that of the women in the dark grey hoodie. "I fought for the rights of my name too. But...I'm back to normal now, how boring." She smiled, sinisterly.

    "You're..her? You're the same person... Oh my gosh.." I said, my head aching from confusion.

    "Yes of course I am, Kieran. But you know, you don't have to die alone now. I made sure that Jenna would not get in our way." She smiled, looking at me.

    "What? You... Killed Jenna?" I asked, clearly bewildered, anger rising in my chest.

    "Why yes I did, smart-o." She said, crossing her arms. "I controlled your entire life."

    I shook my head. "No, no.. I was in control. I am in control.."

    "You are you, but who are you?" She asked, grabbing my face, inspecting me closely.

    "Everything is normal.." I spoke, biting her hand, then letting go of it.

    She tilted her head, looking at me. "Why did you do that?"

    "Everything is fine." I nodded slowly, a smile rising on my face.

    "What are you-" She was interrupted as black tentacles and goop filled her mouth.

    I smirked, watching her face fill with fear, worry, and of course anxiety. "I worry about loneliness.."

    "I-I! Kieran!" Her last few words left her mouth.

    "But I can get by." I say, using my powers to toss her body to the side.

    Maybe, maybe I would be okay being alone. I could live on my own, right? Yes yes. I would find Jenna, and we will live together. Of course I will keep him safe and we will live together for as long as my powers can keep him safe and sound. Now to create a person, of course. What will I need.. Anything really. I don't have to go my default, I can make him how I imagine him to be made. I closed my eyes, remembering vividly Jenna from one of my more recent dreams, opening my eyes.

    "K-Kieran.. What have you done?" These were definitely not the words I was expecting from Jenna.

    I tilted my head, walking towards him and smiling. "What do you mean, Jenna?"

    "That.. That woman." He pointed over to Mickey. "I, I know you can get violent, but why did you hurt her?"

    "Was she important to you?" My voice grew dark, Jenna could not have been tainted by Mickey.

    Jenna looked back at me. "N-no, but she's a person.."

    "She's not important! You're the only thing that's important now!" I spoke, an innocent smile arise on my face.

    "I'm.. Kieran.. You... She... Please let me live.." He spoke, a tear rolling down his cheek.

I look up to him, my eye twitching. "You're going to live with me, didn't you hear that?"

Jenna nodded slowly, swallowing hard. I smiled at him, walking up to him and holding his hand and starting to walk towards my parents house. I knew my dad would be so guilt stricken he would have gotten an apartment, he was all too predictable. I pulled Jenna into the new house, closing the door shortly after as he entered. He looked around in wonder at his surroundings. Jenna had grown up in a smaller budget home so seeing this house from the inside through his eyes must have been like a freaking mansion.

    Jenna looked around both in wonder and worry. He was still suspicious that I had something against him or that I had something to get from him. I wasn't sure why he thought this, after all we never even properly finished our first ever date together because of my own stupidity. I had to make it up to him somehow, otherwise he'd be worried every waking moment I spent with him. Even though I was sure that must have already been happening, there was a dead lady near me with only me around to help his anxieties.

    "So, d-do you know what happened to that w-woman...?" He questioned lightly, sitting on the floor instead of a chair.

    I snickered, raising an eyebrow at him. "So I'm not guilty now? Or am I?"

     "No no," Jenna shook his head quickly. "Of course not. I'm just asking if you know.."

     "Of course I do. I was the only was there." I said it in a tone as if it should have been obvious.

     "Well, then what happened Kieran?" Jenna asked warily.

    I smiled at him. "She made my life a living nightmares, so I decided to end hers. That won't affect our relationship, now will it Jen-bear?"

     "She was human, Kieran. She was important too. Her life meant more then bothering you." Jenna said, looking at me with eyes full of worry.

    I titled my head, a questioning look upon my face. "Do you want to go with her, Jenna?!"

    Jenna shook his head at this. "P-please no. I just happen to care about people living or dying."

    "Are you trying to be the smart one Jenna? Don't make me fight you, we are going to be happy." I said, my eye twitching.

    Jenna sighed letting a big weight off his chest. "Yes we are going to be happy, Kieran. I guess I don't mind you killed a person. I want you too be happy. I want us to be happy, together."

    "That's better Jenna. We will get along just fine." I smiled, nodding at him.

    I took Jenna's hand and led him to the nearest couch, laying him down then plopping beside him. He looked up at me with a questioning gaze, then I wrapped my arms and leg around him protectively. I pulled him close to me, it was evident I didn't want to let him go. Maybe he knew that from the way that I already happened to act around him. Then again, he could be sort of ditzy at times and may not have already been aware. Either way I was pleased. As I was deep in though, I drifted off into sleep.

My head met no dreams or no nightmares, and I awoke after a simply idle night of sleep. I was surprised when I found out what had happened once I had fallen asleep on my own idiotic watch. I had just made a really bad mistake, and I don't think I myself know how to make up for it. I could very easily forget the situation happened like that, or I could actually recognize the problem and try to solve it like a logical, thinking person. I wasn't too sure how to react just now but I knew one thing that could describe this whole situation.

"Jenna, running is very, very childish." I said aloud to myself, hearing a knocking sound at the front door.