The Stink in La Push...

New chapter for A Little Lullaby.

The Stink in La Push...

Enjoy, xo.

________________________________________________________________________________

***

“God, you sound so grown up,” she said in a weak voice. “I tried to ring the number your father gave me, but it said it was disconnected and then I rung the hospital and they gave me this number.”

I was shell shocked, I dropped the phone and it hit the floor with a hard thwack. It was my mother, she was alive? How is that even possible, she died when I was littler, she died.

“She died.” I said aloud and I felt warm hands wrap around me as someone bent and got the phone. Everything was quiet till Sam spoke.

“Who is it?” he said his voice heavy with his authority. “Impossible,” he stated. He was still on the phone and I couldn’t talk, I wanted to tell Seth, I really did. I wanted to tell him about what just happened but no words were forming in my brain.

How the fuck was this possible, she was dead. She’s been dead for years, if she was alive why did she only come back now, why not when Dad died? Why did she leave in the first place?

My head began to spin and I couldn’t hear anything, my sight was blurring with the unshed tears and the darkness that was trying to unravel me. I gave in and it was quite, there was darkness everywhere, and anywhere. There was no light, at all. Nothing.

***

Seth’s P.O.V

She fainted. I only heard her say that ‘she’ was dead. Whoever she was. I wrapped Pepper up in my arms and took her to sit on the couch, she was still out of it but I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she was even in unconsciousness.

Sam had obviously finished on the phone and came and sat near me and Pepper on the couch. She looked peaceful.

“It was her mother,” he said, I was in shock. She had told me she was dead. Why would she lie? “She didn’t lie, her mother told me that she had to fake her death, there were people after her at the time for stuff she did as a child and well she couldn’t hurt her little girl, so she just died.”

Okay, she didn’t lie to me. Thank God for than, “Why were people after her?”

“They weren’t people, they were Vampires.” He said in a cold voice. “She saw some man feeding when she was a teen, and she ran. He was too busy with his kill to notice her, but she told the police. You know the Volturi; yeah well they are after her. She met a witch who covered her sent and soul. She has no soul now as the witch tricked her, she… she wants to see Pepper before she goes to them. She doesn’t want to live anymore. She’s here in Forks.”

“No, absolutely not! If they are after her, I don’t want her to lead them here, if they see us without the protection of the Cullen’s they’ll kill us, with her. I can’t lose Pepper, I won’t risk it.” I said in a strong voice, showing just how much the small girl means to me.

“It has to be done, she must know. She’s talked to her already and I cannot just brush that off, I am her only other living relative besides this woman, I will not allow you lie to protect her. She had to know the truth.” Sam’s voice was just as sad as I was feeling, I didn’t want Pepper to get like this, I could feel her hurt already and it hurt me to think of her hurting because of this woman.

“W-When does she want to meet?” I asked.

“As soon as Pepper wakes up.” Sam replied.

I wanted to cry, Pepper was hurting in her unconscious state and I could feel it, I could see her hurt on her beautiful face. I won’t let that woman hurt her any more than she is now.