First Friend in La Push...

the firth chapter in A Little Lullaby.

First Friend in La Push...

Enjoy xo

***

Pepper’s P.O.V

I walked aimlessly for hours, down to first beach then along a trail that took me up to the cliffs, then to a small clearing near Sam and Emily’s. There were four fallen logs placed in some what a circle around a deserted fire pit. The space was no bigger than my room at my new home. My new home, a new place because some idiot drunk driver.

With thoughts of loneliness I didn’t see a dark figure moving in the shadow of night till it was almost right near me. I shiver in fear at the size of the wolf; it looked more like a dog but had key wolf qualities. The large silver wolf came and sat his head on my lap. I was amazed by the sheer determination of the placid animal to get this close to me. Looking down warm chocolate eyes meet mine, they look familiar. The horse size wolf licked the tears I didn’t know I had let release. With the wolfs head still in my lap the sheer warmth that he radiated into me, made me feel safe and calm.

“Hey boy,” I say patting his giant head. “I didn’t know I was even crying till you showed up” he looked up at this, the hurt and worry shown through his big brown eyes. A loud audible grumble was heard from me, the wolf looked at me shocked then amusement.

“Hey, don’t judge, I’ve had no food since yesterday lunchtime…” I said trailing off as the wolf gave me a funny look. “I fell asleep in the car on my way here and skipped out on brakefast, it just hurts not knowing who she is… I see her face every time I close my eyes, I can’t help but want to know who she is.”

A whine was heard as the wolf got up; he trotted around me till his nose was pushing on my back, obviously wanting me to get up. Once I did he took off in the direction of the house, once closer to the house he let out a small yelp and pushed me in the direction of the house before he disappeared into the thick forest behind the small clearing. I hope I see him again; it helped talking about it all.

I have my first friend in La Push… And it’s a wild animal.

***

Seth’s P.O.V

After I pushed her with my nose again to go in the house, I ran into the thick forest and shifted wanting to be with her again. Walking through the front door of the house I first saw Sam and Emily curled up on the couch looking very lovingly into one another’s eyes. Yuck! Turning to walk into the kitchen I smelt her before I saw her. In the small amount of time I hadn’t seen her, I missed her and her beautiful green eyes. She was making herself a sandwich while looking out the kitchen window to the small clearing we were just in.

“Hey Pepper,” I said making her jump. “Sorry.”

“All good, I was day-dreaming, call me Pepp, I like my name I just like Pepp better…” she said rambling off. I hope she was day-dreaming about our little encounter just before.

“How are you feeling, your leg I mean?” I asked, worry obviously heard in my voice.

“It hurts a little, but a lot better than before, even though I’ve had no pain killers today… I need to get a check-up soon, maybe tomorrow I’ll go to the hospital in Forks.” She said as if she remembered something. Unshed tears lingered in her eyes as she looked so heart broken.

Making my way to her from across the kitchen I took her in my arms and waited for her to calm down. She started to sob slowly and quietly while I heard small foot falls coming down the hall from the living room. Just as I was about to turn around Emily enters the room and sees me hugging an emotional Pepper in my hands. With a small smile on her face she backs out of the room and I hear her telling Sam I’m alight now.

“Uh… Can you help me up to my room? I can’t seem to ever make the steps?” she asks in an unsure voice.

“I would love to help you Pepper,” I said with a smile.

“Thanks…” I take her in my hands as I walk to the stairs that are just next to the kitchen, she is obviously exhausted for all the crying today and should lie down. About half way up the stairs she falls asleep in my hands, he small perfect mouth hanging slightly open as she lets out small huff’s of breaths. Her room was almost just at the end of the stairs, she had the only other guest room in the house across from the bathroom on this floor. I lay her on the unmade side of the bed and kiss her forehead before turning and walking to the door.

Flicking the light switch I mutter “Sleep well love.”

***

____________________________________________________________________

I know, short but it is mainly just making the friendship between Pepper and Seth much better. Hope you liked it, i will update soon-ish.

Vote, Comment, Like.

Ryhannon, xo