A Different Type of Crazy...

Ninth chapter of A Little Lullaby.

A Different Type of Crazy...

Enjoy, xo.

_________________________________________________________________________________

***

Carlisle’s P.O.V

She was a werewolf too? It must be her father’s family. Her half-brother has the same father so it must be. After completing my rounds for the day I returned home to be greeted by Esme and Reneseme at the door.

“Hey grandpa,” Nessie almost sang. She physically looked to be about five or a small six years old. Her calling me grandpa had me feeling old, it was sweet but I much preferred grandpa to grandfather even though I was old enough to be her great-great-great-great-great grandfather. Esme hugged and kissed me and welcome me home like she normally does but she felt my frustration.

“What happened?” she asked me once we were alone in my study, knowing full well that the other occupants of the house could hear us I spoke in a sad voice.

“Sam has a younger half-sister on her father’s side. She is more like him than she knows”

“Do you mean…?” she left the question open as I nodded my head to my wife. I was sad that she will start to shift because we were around. Just as I was about to answer her question aloud Emmett burst into my office with a grin on his face.

“So another wolf to play with,” the grin not leaving his face.

“Great another mutt” Rosalie hissed from the doorway.

“I wish I could see what she looked like…” Alice said as she strolled into the room and leaned against a bookcase.

“Why are you so sad about this Carlisle?” Jasper asked.

“She is only still a baby; she is about Seth’s age. She just lost her dad and she lost her mother at a young age, her only family is Sam. And we’ve ruined her future by being close to her. “I said in an aggravated tone. Esme came from my left to stand behind my chair and massage my shoulders.

“It will work out for the best. I know it will” she said in a motherly tone. At this point Reneseme strolls into the room with Edward and Bella not too far behind her.

“So there is another one of my Jacob?” she asked as she came and sat on my lap and nestled into my arms.

“Yes but she is different, she is more like Seth not Jake” I replied. I showed Edward a memory of the girl in question and he gasped.

“I saw her dance once. It was about 20 years ago when we were in Florida for a couple of weeks. She looks much younger now though” he said.

“That would have been her mother; they are the splitting image of each other. I saw a picture when I looked up family members at the hospital. Pepper is an amazing denser just likes her mother. She could pass for a vampire with her grace.”

“If she is anything like that woman who danced she would be amazing, do you know when she is supposed to shift?” Edward asked.

“Sometime soon, within the next few weeks or days. It all depends on her emotions, but with her memory loss and her flash backs of her mother I would say soon in the next couple of days.” I replied.

“Pepper sounds like one little hot head then” Bella said with a laugh.

“With fiery hair to match her attitude” I stated, mostly everyone laughed except Reneseme, “Can I meet her mummy?” she asked.