A Bombshell Birthday...

• Dedicated to Autum Joelle Tandridge

Next chapter for A Little Lullaby.

A Bombshell Birthday...

Sorry for the wait, i had writers block but a very helpful friend told me to spic it up a bit. Enjoy, xo.

_________________________________________________________________________________

***

 I am pretty sure it is illegal for the week to go this fast. I want to kill father time; it only felt like minutes ago that I was sitting with the Cullen’s and Seth in their lounge room.

I thought when you were enjoying yourself the time went faster, obviously not. I had been dreading this week since I moved here. Last birthday was tragic, my Dad tried to make me a cake; we ended up in hospital with 3rd degree burns along our arms from putting the oven fire out. The year before that we attempted camping, a bear came and mauled our food before we could even set up the tent.

All birthdays are filled with angst, waiting till something bad happens. Everything happens in three’s right, well say that my father set the house on fire, the ambulance got a flat tire and the doctor couldn’t find my medical history was an understatement.

I can only hope this year’s will be different.

I had been awake since dawn; I couldn’t sleep even for the life of me. I just lay in bed thinking of all the incidents that happened to my loved ones on this day: fires, mauling’s and even the big one, finding out the results to my mum’s chemo isn’t working.

About ten years ago around lunchtime today, me my mum and dad were in the kitchen. The phone rang and mum answered it. She looked pleased for a few seconds then she just looked dead. I couldn’t get the image of her hugging my dad out of my head. Me being a stupid child asked if she was okay, then my dad spoke.

 “Wipp,” my dad used my favourite nickname for me, “Your mum, she is going to get sick for a while, then she has to go live with Granny, okay?”

Naive me just had to say, “But Granny is in heaven, I haven’t seen her since she moved there, will we still get to see Mummy?”

 “No.”

I was awaken from my day dream by Seth lightly touching my leg, I jerked out of the bed and fell straight to the floor on the other side of my small bed.

“Well good morning” I said with sarcasm as I looked up at his shaking body.

“Happy birthday” he managed to get out in between laughs.

“See my bad luck is starting already” I sneered at him as I made my from the floor to the door without looking back. Just my luck even more I could hear everyone downstairs, they were talking happily till I walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

“Happy birthday” was screamed at me from all sides of the room. Showing them just how un-happy this day would be I grunted and made my way to the fridge to get some orange juice.

Drinking straight out of the bottle I heard Emily clear her through for me to stop and look at them. Rolling my eyes I looked at everyone.

Jake was sitting with Sam, Emily and Jared at the table while Seth, Paul, Quil and Embry stood leaning against the countertop. This should be interesting.

“Morning” I grunted and everybody laughed at me till I gave them the known death glare of Pepper Uley. No one and I mean no one like it; they all looked at different thing around the room while I stood there with a huge smile across my face.

Grabbing a bowel from the countertop and getting the fruit loops from the cupboard I made breakfast and ignored everyone till Sam spoke.

“You can’t ignore us all day long, we want to wish you a happy birthday, and we have a day planned out!!”