The Truth about the Boys...

Sixth chapter for A Little Lullaby.

The Truth About The Boys...

Enjoy, xo.

________________________________________________________________________________

***

Pepper’s P.O.V

Living in a house where people come and go at all hours of the day the days mesh into one another till by the time you know it, it’s the end of the week and time for a check-up at the hospital. Jake had told me about the head doctor there, he was a nice man and even helped Jake on a few occasions. With the week passing I grew closer to Seth the most. He was someone I could talk about when I was upset or angry, he held me when I cried and talked with me when I needed to forget things. A lot of my memory has come back about the strange woman but mostly in the presence of Seth, there is something about him that I can naturally trust. Every day at the same time, before dinner, I go to the clearing and see my wolf. He listen’s almost like Seth does, he lets me talk and get it out of my system but then when it’s dinnertime he shoves me towards the house for dinner.

Today I have to skip meeting my wolf behind the house as I am meeting Dr Carlisle Cullen.  Most of the boys that hang around at Emily’s don’t like him but Seth has a beautiful; open mind, he likes to talk to me about the Cullen’s. According to him they are nice people, I just hope I get to meet one sometime soon.

At 4.30 Emily, Seth and Sam come with me to the hospital for my check-up. We walk through the ER doors and I see a man with blonde hair and yellow almost amber eyes.

“Hello, Sam, Seth and Emily.” Then he turned to me. “Hi, I’m Dr Cullen, but you can call me Carlisle. Are you Pepper?” he asked with an outstretched hand.

“Ugh… Yep, I’m Pepper Uley, Sam’s younger sister.” I said in an unsure voice. I feel someone take my hand as we walk down a hall to the patient rooms; I turn and see Seth with a smile on his face as we walk.

The room was very bright for a hospital. The light’s hanging from the roof were as bright as the sun when I look up at them, the room had a sickly smell to it, like the doctor but more.

“Do you smell that?” I asked Seth in a whisper. A confused look came across his face as he smelt the air. He turned to look at Sam and they shared a knowing look. “No, what’s it smell like?” he asked.

“Like, something sweet, too sweet it almost hurts my nose” I said as I clutched my nose with my hand. Then at that moment Carlisle came back into the room with an x-ray machine.

“Now, I need to get a good look at that leg of yours, can you sit up on the bench?” he instructed me as Seth pulled me up onto the bed and moved my legs for me to be sitting with me on the bed. “Thanks” I mumbled. He just smiled in return.

Dr Cullen worked with the machine for little under 5 minutes before he gasped. “When did you say you broke your leg?”

“I’d say little under two weeks…?” I trailed off in a question.

“Sam can I talk to you outside?” he asked in a rushed voice as he made his way to eh door with Sam following. I turned my head once they were outside to see the machine. I had seen the other x-rays of my broken leg last week; there was a clean break right above my ankle. But now there wasn’t even a little fracture line, it was completely healed. Seth gasped as he looked at the image along with Emily. Her face showed nothing but concern as she stared at my cast.

The doctor and Sam entered the room at this point. “Were going to have to get a sample of your blood, if you don’t mind.” The doctor said in a professional voice.