12. Avoiding Sam

Loni's POV:

I involuntarily jump backwards at this. He's turned into an Experiment. We're too late.

"Alfred! Get back from Sam! He's becoming an Experiment!" I push back to the bookshelf of the study, books falling out from it. Alfred backs up as Sam stirs on the table and moans.

"Shit!" I pull out a gun, pointing it at Sam's head, "No! Not this soon! I'm-I'm not ready!" Tears blur my vision as the gun shakes in my hand. Alfred grips his heart as he watches Sam stir on the table.

Kirsty's POV:

I stare intently at the news channel that displays a mass of Experiments that are surrounded by the armies, only a hundred killed by the soldiers. They don't know you have to shoot the head. I sigh as the family awkwardly sits next to me.

"I'm Tori," the woman puts out her hand politely.

I roll my eyes at her and she pulls it back, "My name's Kirsty.You know, Loni really saved your butts. I think we should've left you guys to die."

All of the family's heads pop up and stare at me in disbelief at this, "Yes we're very thankful for your friend. It was a very sweet thing she did for us." Tori kept her calm as she twirled a piece of her brown hair in her fingers.

"Hmph," I shrug defyingly, "Well, Tough guy, now that you're here, how about you help us plan to get rid of these idiots," I direct towards the buff hill billy sitting next to his petite wife.

"You got any guns? I can take my son here and another person to go scavenge the land while it's still fresh and rich with food. I highly doubt what this woman has in her pantry is going to feed us for a while," he crosses his arms as his teenage son huffs. His black hair covers his right eye.

I give him a sideways glance, a little intrigued by his mysteriousness. The dad looks at me with a sort of soft smile, "My name's Rob, and my son here is Oliver. We can help your Loni with whatever she needs. After all, we do owe her our lives." Oliver flips his black bangs and leans back into the couch.

"Well... thanks," he leaves me speechless with his gentleman manner.

He nods his head politely to me as Tori shines with enthusiasm despite the darkness of the rain outside. Suddenly, a scream comes from back in the study where Alfred and Loni are.

"We have to go help Loni!" I shout as Rob and Oliver leap to action. Rob runs in front of us as Oliver and I run side by side, only one goal on my mind. Help Loni.

We make our way to the study as we look at Alfred and Loni who have both affixed themselves on the walls. Loni holds a gun up shakily before her face as Alfred grips his chest. A cry of pain comes from... Sam?! What the hell?!

"Loni! What-what's going on?" I yell out, but Loni dosesn't seem to hear me. Her gun shakes in front of her as if threatening Sam's dead body.

"All of you! Get out!" Jane yells.

I shake my head, "what's going on?!"

Jane walks into the room with a fully loaded gun in her hand. She points it at Sam's convulsing dead body, "Loni, get out of here for your own sake."

Loni doesn't reply, but lowers her gun and pulls Alfred out of the room. She runs away sobbing.

"All of you, get out of here!" Jane shouts out.

We run back to the family room. Suddenly, we all hear a gunshot coming from the room Jane's in.