8. Accepting Ignorance

Loni's POV:

"Jane, can you go take on the monster?" I sigh and rub my temple with my left hand.

"Me?! I am in no way a fighter!" she shakes her head.

"Honey, here's a gun, point it at its head, and pull the trigger," I pull the gun from my police uniform, "Simple. You get in kill it and get back out here. Got it?"

"But- but Loni!" she whines, balancing the weapon in her hands as if handling a bomb.

"Jane! Just do it so no one gets hurt!" I avert my attention to the air and flying the plane. A minute passes by before I turn my head back to see Jane still standing there, "Jane!"

"I-I don't know if I can do it!" she stares at the gun.

"Well would you rather fly the plane?"

"... no. But I don't want to fight an experiment either!" Jane squeaks with her French accent.

"Jane, just go! We're wasting time!" I turn her around with my hand and shove her out of the door. I sit there, the bodies of the flight attendant and the pilot make no move or notion that they're going to come back to life. Everything that's happening is Jane's fault, but why can't I get mad at her? Oh, right, because I need her, but still. We wouldn't be running like this if she hadn't messed up! I wish Sam came with me... No I don't. Kirsty needs him if things get super out of hand.

I hear the sliding of the doors, "Jane?"

There's silence for a moment and then Jane says quietly, "Yeah..."

"What's up? You sound sad," I say, keeping my eyes on the GPS and the air that grows continually darker.

She again doesn't say anything. A rugged looking hand glides to the right of me, placing a gun with no leftover bullets inside.

I hesitate, still scanning the skies, "Jane... What...?" I turn my head to see a girl, her buret torn and her brown hair tattered as if she was in a harsh fight, but the biggest thing I notice is the green liquid splatters and the large arrow sticking out of her right shoulder, "Jane! What happened?!"

Kirsty's POV:

Biting on my nails, I sit next to Sam who stares at his phone anxiously.

"Has she called?" I begin to say but Sam cuts me off.

"No!" he growls in frustration.

"She isn't... Dead, is she?" I gulp, Sam going me a warning glance. "I mean she isn't answering and we still don't know what's going on..."

"I know... she is up in France. She's probably busy with Jane and whatever's attacking. I don't know exactly what's going on up there, but I'm pretty sure she's safe. Loni's always prepared," Sam sighs, lost in thought.

"Yeah, but she couldn't have brought her gun or bow and arrow through the airport." I pause, noticing Sam's forlorn expression, "Call her again."

"Fine."

Loni's POV:

"Oh my god! Jane!" I flip the switch to autopilot.

She looks at me, the sparkle in her eyes gone. She moans and then falls down onto the floor. I bend to my knees, inspecting her arrow and the splattered green liquid. I rub my finger gently on her forehead that has a slash across it.

"E-experiment... Stronger than... Originally thought..." Jane coughs out.

"Is he still out there?!" I look up at the isle where everyone sits. The people look around questioningly at us and the plane.