Thirty-Six

a/n: sorry this is late; college has been hectic this week.

Zeus
| thirty-six|

Laying his eyes on his elder brother for the first time in twelve years had Zeus' stomach twisting. Hades had changed a lot in the time he was gone, yet the mischievous grin that was glued to his face was recognisable. Zeus stood before his brother, his hand still entwined with Anya's as Hercules swallowed hard, his eyes narrowing as Hades continued to grin. "You haven't changed one bit, brother," Hades laughed, Zeus' eyes darkening with anger.

"You," He started, his voice low and thick with fury, "Are supposed to be dead."

Hades sighed dramatically, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye, "Dear brother, you really need to keep up." His blue orbs stared up at Zeus, whose eyes narrowed in response. "I ran away, lived with some rogues for about ten years before I got bored and killed them," He waved his hands as he spoke, Anya's eyes widening at his casual tone. "Bla bla bla, things happened here, things happened there," He looked up at Zeus once again, another smile stretching across his face as he looked around his cell. "And now I am here."

Zeus was silent for a minute, the wolves in the room wondering whether he was going to answer at all as he let go of his mate's hand to clench his fists. "Why did you leave?"

Hades rolled his eyes, Anya noticing they were just like Hercules', but a lot darker. "Isn't it obvious? I wanted to get away," He shrugged, leaning back against the cell wall, closing his eyes for a moment before he opened them to look towards Hercules. "What I don't understand, is why he's here?" He looked back towards Zeus, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

"He is here," Zeus growled, "Because he put his filthy hands on my mate." Hades' eyes widened, looking towards Hercules in shock. Chains rattled as Jace strained towards Hercules, Lily crying in the background.

"I'll kill you, mutt," Jace spat towards Hercules, who narrowed his eyes towards him.

"Try it."

"Wow!" Hades interrupted, blurting out a string of curse words. "You sure fucked up, Hurles," He blurted.

"Don't call me that," Hercules snapped, glaring towards his brother who continued to stare at him in shock. Hercules looked towards Anya, who shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. The two stared at each other, before Hercules frowned. "What's happened to the twins?" He asked.

Anya licked her dry lips, eyes wide, "W-What?"

Hercules pulled on his chains as he sniffed, "The twins? Are they okay?"

Anya pursed her lips before whispering, "Eli is dead." Hercules let out a small grunt, sadness washing over his features. The other wolves remained silent as Zeus took a step closer to Anya, his hand resting on her shoulder as she stared down at Hercules.

"What?" He choked out. "He can't be dead..." He frowned, Anya shocked to see his eyes glistening with tears. Even Hades had nothing to say as he watched Hercules pull at his shackles. "I need to see him," He demanded. "I need to see Ethan."

Anya took a step towards him, "You shouldn't believe everything that people say, Hercules," She smiled sinisterly, Hercules staring up at her in shock. "You taught me that," She hissed, her fists clenched as Hercules looked down at the ground, ashamed. "Eli is recovering in the hospital. Once he's fit, he'll be joining our pack officially," Anya informed the male wolf who gritted his teeth angrily.

"I guess I deserved that," He finally muttered, Zeus sighing as he took a step towards Hercules.

"You, shut up," He ordered, pointing towards Hades who had just opened his mouth to say something. "And you two, don't even breathe," He said, his eyes flickering towards Anya's parents who remained silent, although Jace glared up at Zeus. Turning his head towards Hercules, Zeus narrowed his eyes, "You," He started, swallowing hard before he spoke again, "Are banished, remember? What are you doing here?"