Fifteen

a/n: Warning; mature content.

Zeus
| fifteen | 

The week following Hercules' banishment was quiet and free of any events. Ares had taken over the role as head trainer, Zeus placing the role of Beta upon him. With her mate so busy, Anya had kept mostly to herself, enjoying the silence as she was left to her own thoughts. So when Artemis and Athena came bursting through the library door, Anya jumped in her seat with surprise. 

"There's going to be a ball!" Artemis squealed, Anya's eyes twitching at the high pitched tone, her sensitive ears still adjusting after her change. Athena dugs her elbow into her cousin's ribs, Artemis flashing her a glare before turning to Anya and mumbling, "Sorry." 

Athena turned to Anya, "It's not just a ball. It's the ceremony where you will officially be made Luna." She smiled, flicking a piece of her hair from her face as Anya stared up at her with wide eyes. "The ball will take place after the ceremony. But don't worry, you won't be alone; Ares now has to take part as he is now becoming Beta," She grinned, a loving expression on her face. 

Artemis rolled her eyes. "But the party is the best bit, it will be so cool!" 

Anya watched as Athena rolled her eyes, "I think you're missing the point her-" 

Artemis interrupted, "I think you are! Just because you're all loved up with Ares, it doesn't mean you have to suck the fun out of everything else." She abruptly turned on her heel and left the room, Anya looking at Athena with a bewildered look on her face. 

Taking a seat opposite Anya, Athena sighed, "Artemis wasn't as lucky as you or I when it came to her mate." She explained, Anya leaning forwards slightly. "When they found each other, his parents immediately disapproved, and whisked him away to Australia to live with his grandparents; they said that if he wanted to come back when he was twenty, he was allowed. But I doubt they'll even let him do that; they're controlling," A scowl appeared on her face. "All Artemis has left of him is a locket." 

Anya remained silent for a few moments, before whispering, "Can't we go find him? How old would he be now?" 

Athena scoffed, "Australia is huge, you'd have more luck finding a needle in a haystack." She pursed her lips, "And he would have to be around nineteen now. He was seventeen when they forced him to leave; Artemis was just sixteen." 

Anya nodded her head; sixteen was the age of maturity, the age when their wolf appears. Artemis had barely met her mate and he was immediately ripped away from her. She didn't know what to say. Athena nodded her head. 

"It's okay. She's okay. She just finds it hard, especially now that Zeus has you." 

At that, Anya felt a huge amount of guilt surge through her, Athena's eyes widening. 

"Oh god, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out like that," She stared at Anya in horror, bowing her head respectfully. Anya giggled at the action, a small smile appearing on Athena's face. She stood from her chair, Anya mimicking her actions. "Anyway, the ceremony is on Saturday, so we'd better head off to town to find you a dress," She beamed at her future Luna, who played with her fingers nervously. 

Two days. 

She only had two days to prepare for one of the most terrifying nights of her life. She felt like she was going to be sick as she let herself be lead away by the wrist as Athena pulled her out of the library and towards the pack house. 

Just as they reached the pack house, the door immediately swung open, Zeus suddenly standing before them. Anya did not look up at him, last week's events leaving her vulnerable and disgusted with herself. Her wolf had begged her to go see their mate, but whilst Zeus had been so busy, Anya saw it as a great opportunity to avoid him at all costs.