Three

Zeus
| three |

"Can I see your wolf?"

Hercules choked on his mouthful of cereal, slapping his chest as he gasped for air. "Say what now?" He placed his bowl in the sink, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand as he leaned against the counter, facing the girl that stood before him.

Anya beamed up at him. "Well Zeus has been away for a few days, and Artemis and Athena are at school. Oh! Do I get to go to school?" She rested her elbows on the table, smiling up at the man before her.

Hercules scratched his head. "No to the second question." He rolled his eyes at the pout that fell onto her lips. "And why do you want to see my wolf? Why not ask Apollo?"

Anya crinkled her nose in distaste. "He gives me the creeps."

Just then, the lanky boy entered the kitchen, a dark look etched upon his face. "Hate you too." He shot at Anya, who smirked back in response. Hercules smiled, watching as Apollo sat beside the Luna, pretending to glare at him. "Did you study poetry in your human life?" Anya's eyebrows rose, even looking at Hercules to make sure the boy wasn't messing around with her.

"You like poetry?" She asked, intrigued as Apollo nodded.

"I love lyrics, the words of music. I could listen to music all day." He sighed dramatically, and Anya bit back a laugh, Hercules pretending to gag behind his cousin's back. Unfortunately, Apollo turned and caught Hercules in the act, his eyes narrowing. "At least I do something worthwhile. How far do you think flashing the 'big guns' is going to get you?"

Hercules grinned, "Last time I checked, the ladies weren't complaining."

Apollo glared at him. "And what about your mate? Or have you forgotten about that?" The tension in the room made Anya uncomfortable as both cousins death stared at each other. She tugged at the edges of her dress, standing up and letting out a deep breath. She opened her mouth to speak, but Apollo beat her to it. "Hercules, I don't understand. Don't you want to save yourself for the love of your life...?" He trailed off, looking up to meet the stony expression on Hercules' face.

"Oh, like our great Alpha did?!"

Anya took a step backwards, suddenly unable to breathe properly. She stared at Hercules, unable to comprehend why she felt like she was heartbroken. Here she was, thinking that she'd lose her virginity to a man she was supposed to spend the rest of her life with, yet he'd already shared that moment with someone else. Hercules took a step towards her, Apollo sat in between them awkwardly, as even he couldn't think of any words to say at the revelation that had just left his cousin's mouth. "Oh fuck. Anya, I-"

"Don't."

She turned on her heel and left the room.

Apollo looked at Hercules who stared back at him. What have I done? Apollo shook his head, before he also rose from his seat and left the room. Hercules ran a hand over his face, taking a deep breath, before opening the fridge. He blanked out, forgetting why he'd opened the door in the first place. Another sigh left his lips, followed by a frustrated groan. Zeus was going to kill him.

~

Athena was on her way back from school when she spotted Anya heading for the woods. She frowned, the future Luna wasn't supposed to leave the pack house until after her and Zeus had... Athena shook her head, her short dark locks windswept as she tried to get rid of the image of Zeus and Anya. Anya and Zeus. Ew.

She grabbed the straps of her bag, holding her jacket tighter to her skin as a warm gentle breeze enveloped her body. Anya had already disappeared into the depths of the trees, but Athena could hear every footstep she took, her shoes crushing the leaves below her feet. It did not take her long to catch up, although she was out of breath. "Hey! Anya, wait up!"