Twenty-Nine

Zeus 
| twenty-nine | 

"No," Was Ethan's immediate reply. 

Hercules dragged his heated gaze from Jason to Eli, back to Jason, before settling on Ethan. The smaller wolf had tightened his hold on his journal, his eyes narrowed as he glared towards his cousin. Hercules grabbed a hold of Ethan's arm, keeping him in his place as he spoke towards Jason, "What makes you think that we'd trust you?" 

Eli spoke up, "Wait, I thought you would have ran off to the Alpha." 

Jason shook his head, his teeth biting down on his lip. "I want to help," He assured. Ethan snorted once more, Jason chewing at the inside of his cheek nervously before he said, "You can trust me." Ethan turned on his heel, throwing his hands up in the air, his journal falling from his hands and landing on the ground with a soft thud. 

Hercules watched as he span around and snarled, "You can't be trusted." 

Jason frowned towards his cousin, Hercules noticing his fists clench in anger. He let out a warning growl, Jason immediately backing down. "Why do you hate me so much?" He asked, Hercules rolling his eyes as a strangled noise came from the back of Ethan's throat. Eli scratched the back of his neck, becoming uncomfortable as he watched the three wolves glare at each other. 

"What are we, twelve years old?" Hercules mocked, his jaw clenching as Jason sneered back at him. "He doesn't trust you," He said, jabbing a thumb in Ethan's direction. "And frankly, neither do I." 

Jason pursed his lips, "I just don't understand why." 

A humourless laugh escaped Ethan, Eli watching his brother as he bent over to snatch his journal from the ground. "You are a little snake," Ethan spat, stepping forward so that he was just inches from Jason's face. "You are a pathetic little piece of shit, and you don't know what trust is." 

Jason flinched at his cousin's words, his eyebrows furrowing as he ran a hand through his hair. Hercules spoke before the younger wolf could respond. "I suggest you think carefully before you open your mouth," He warned, his eyes flashing towards the now seething Ethan who ground his teeth angrily. 

Eli stepped in between his brother and cousin as a precaution, noticing how his twin's body shook slightly with anger. 

Ethan took a step closer, so that his body was pressed against Eli's back, who grabbed a hold of Ethan's forearm, squeezing slightly to warn him. But Ethan barely noticed. Leaning over his brother's shoulder, he growled, "You made her leave." Jason's eyes widened, his mouth parting as he stared at his cousin. However, his expression soon changed when a smirk appeared on his face. Eli frowned. 

"She got everything she deserved. If it wasn't for you, she would have been dead," Jason snarled, his eyes flashing towards Hercules, whose face had hardened, his body tensing at Jason's words. Eli opened his mouth to warn him, but it was already too late. Ethan wrenched his arm from his brother's grasp, barging past his twin, who stumbled slightly before Hercules helped him up. 

Eli moved to take a step towards his brother, who was already shoving Jason backwards, but Hercules held him still, "He's been needing to do this for a long time," He explained, his eyes emotionless as he watched Ethan lunge towards Jason, knocking him to the ground. 

Straddling a breathless Jason, Ethan raised his fist and slammed it into Jason's face. Hercules smiled at the sickening crunch as the bone snapped, Eli sucked in a deep breath. A groan escaped Jason's lips, but this didn't stop Ethan who raised his fists and punched him once more, before Jason lifted his legs, a strong kick sending Ethan flying a few feet from him.