42 // Prey the Hunters

C H A P T E R   42 :   P R E Y   T H E   H U N T E R S

"I found an antidote
I let the anger go
And mother nature found it's place
We're now compatible
I hear no animal
I wanted blood and got a taste

These nights are getting darker
My claws are getting sharper
I'm strong enough to enter the fray
You won't whisper in my name
Now I'm quietly taking aim
And the predator's becoming the prey

Now the beast has come to play"

Logan's POV

At the same time

After the fight was over, the Three Musketeers and annoying d'Artagnan were waiting for my sign to move as I analysed the sounds coming from the base. It seemed that HYDRA would not be sending anyone else outside, but on the other hand, they would now be on high alert, so it was my job to choose an entrance they would not be expecting us to choose.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked Spider-Man as we started walking through the woods once I saw the path was clear. "And how did you get here? You haven't been following us, I'd notice you."

"You know I just had the weirdest dream last night, or better said, nightmare." He started, making me wonder if he'd completely ignore my question. "And in that crazy, crazy dream Felicia was in danger, like real danger, to the point every hair on my body was standing up when I woke up and the back of my skull just wouldn't stop tingling. So I instinctively knew it wasn't just a dream, it was my Spider-Sense. Man, I gotta find a better name for that. Anyway, I immediately tried to call her, once, twice, ten times, and when she didn't answer, I thought, okay, maybe her phone's on silent or... or she's asleep! Of course, that's it, Felicia never wakes up before eleven on a weekend, how did I not think of that?"

"Kid!" I cut rudely. "Ever heard of straight to the point?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I've been told I beat around the bush a little too much. So anyway, I decided I'd wait until it was eleven past one to call her, only then I remembered it wasn't weekend. It's the middle of the freaking week! She had classes, so she had to be awake by now."

"It's not like she never skipped a class in spite of that or anything." I mumbled, more to shut him up than anything else. Or maybe, because you want to prove you know things about her too. Shut up, brain.

"So I did the only logical thing one could do when their friend's not picking up, right? I started to panic. Like, really panicking. Fortunately, not some time before Felicia had given me the coordinates to that really weird, cool school you all go to and that can't be found on any map, like seriously, I thought it was Hogwarts or something."

Bianca giggled lightly while Lewis and I shared a glance and rolled our eyes.

"So I got on my Aunt's car, which she is going to kill me for later, and drove all the way there trying not to get any speeding tickets because I really don't want to give her any more reasons to kill me, and besides, with great horsepower comes great responsibility. And then when I got there, this really weird thing happened, there was this man on a wheelchair, very kind by the way, who looked an awful lot like that bald dude from Star Trek, you know? But seriously, they could be twins! And it was as if he was waiting for me, because he knew exactly what I wanted to know and why I was there."

"That's a beautiful story," I said sarcastically, "but you still haven't answered my questions."

"Right, right, right. So the kind man, Charles Xavier, right? He called this mutant with teleportation powers, can you believe that? And I got teleported all the way here and holy shit, it was so awesome!"