the prank and cloves secret

Authors note: dedication to my firts follower and my friend amber who asked to be in this story. This is for you two girls and don't worry Casey im getting there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clove. I got butterfly's when ever I thought about her. I look out of my window to see her sitting up in the tree she hid in last night. I thought she was supposed to be staying with her aunt on the other side of town. I run outside to find out that she hasn't moved from the same place she was sat in an hour ago when I noticed her. "What do you want Cato?" she snarls at me. I didn't even think she noticed me and my stomach did a summersault when she said my name.

"I want to know why your not with your aunt" She looks at me and stares in confusion "I don't have an aunt. My dad killed her when she was eighteen to get the family inheritance left behind after my grandparents 'mysteriously' died. My sister's have been put into the children's home, I'm the only one they couldn't catch. She drops a syringe on the ground from where it was in her pocket. She notices my staring and she spears me with her dagger like eyes. "They where going to knock me out and take me away from hear to the children's home, I stole it out of a peacekeeper's pocket as he bumped into me with my black Hood on."she say's and shrugs like it took no effort at all to pick pocket a peacekeeper who's uniforms have very little pockets so how did she manage to steal from them? She stares at the ground and I see her breathing go shallow as she see's her dad walking toward's the tree with an axe.

"Hey Cato?"again, the butterfly's "yeah?". She looks at me "you look pretty strong, think you could help me out?" she whispers. I smile deviously. Clove asks he to hold her ankles and dangle her down so she can replace the axe with a rubber one that looks the same only not as deadly. So we do and when her dads back.is turned she grabs my wrist and pulls me away from her house as her dad screams her name in frustration. The sparks never cease to fade as she holds my wrist with her hand and leads me gently to a small shed where she just opens the door and pulls me in, just as she lets go of my arm she whips round and kicks the door closed quickly with the grace and strength of a professional kick boxer and a ballerina at the same time. "that was... fun" she panted quickly. She said she had to go meet some friends and began to walk out and as she did my heart began to feel heavier with every step she took away from me. She whips round again and smirks. "you coming or not Hadley?" she asked teasingly "I sure am." I say matter of factually She leads me to a slightly better looking house a few blocks away.

She knocks in some sort of sequence and the door opens "who is it?" comes a violent whisper, "clove" clove whispers back in the same tone. "who's he?" asks the voice and clove whispers something I can't hear. "if he's OK with you he's OK with me" comes the voice again and the thick wooden door opens to reveal two girls, one with short blond hair and brown eyes the other with fiery red hair who was quite tall. "meet Casey and Amber... Casey, where have you been all week?" the blond just laughs "where have I been? where have you been Clove? long time no see" they let out an easy laugh "so Clove, who's your friend?" this time it's the red haired girl who speaks up. "this is my new neighbour Cato. My dad" is all she says.

Before I can say hello the two girls are walking around me, inspecting me like I was a piece of meat and they where hungry lions. "good strong arms, big blue eye's" say's Casey "yeah, decent sized biceps and a nice skin tone" I tense up and Clove glares at them uneasily for a moment. "alright guys, he's passed the inspection now let the boy sit down" she say's and then hand's me some fizzy pop "how did you get this clove? it's really expensive even for my family" she just look's at me and stared quietly, Amber tries to say something but Clove just throws a small rock at her head and Amber shut's up. Casey start's to laugh loudly and Clove just look's at me coldly only to look away to Casey and Amber quickly. She whispers to them and I can't help but listen in. "he dosen't know?" that's Casey "no, of course not... I just hope he dosen't tell his mum and dad, if he does I'm screwed I'm supposed to be at the children's home arn't I?"clove, i could tell by the butterfly's. "what are we going to do? he's rich and well were all... poor. I promise you clove if you go to that training center maybe you can defend yourself from your dad, win the hunger games and get richer then the Hadley's" that was amber. So they where poor, so poor that they couldn't afford to tell the truth. It all makes sense now. The ease she had getting the piece of paper, the syringe, the rubber axe, the fizzy pop. They where thieves. I turn round in rage and yell at all three girls "you steal things. You should have told me!!!! you used me" clove speaks up first and quickly cuts off a ousarcastic comment from amber "you never really wanted to know, Hadley snd i can't trust you. I may have asked you for help once or twice but i dont ask unless i genuinly need it" she turns and all three girls look out of the window. "Get out richy" clove says with all the venom in her voice.

I turn and leave quickly. As i leave I think about my fith birthday and appatently i was thinking very deeply because i didn't see the ten year old boy and his two friends slam into me befor it was too late. One of them stabbes my thigh with a small pen nife he as and i collapse on the ground. My screams fill the air and he leans over me, but as hes about to stab me in the chest clove jumps on his back and then it becomes wedged in my left thigh. Clove knees the biggest where it hurts and pushes him.away. The second tallest runs at clove but she slides to the right and trips him up. Clove kicks him in the jaw and pins him down. She somehow managed to knock him out and run over to me within thirty seconds. She ripps out the nife from my thigh and throws it into the third boys chest who was about to slam a rock into my ribcage. The rock lands on the first boys tenders... ouch thats gotta hurt. He just crawly to his friend whos got a nife sticking out of his cheast. He was lucky that thing missed his heart by a few inches.. She pulls out the nife and presses her jacket ahainst the wound commanding that the boy holds it there and runs into the shed like place where I met Amber and Casey. She returns with some medicen that she must have stolen from a victor or trainor at the academy. She rubs a lot into the dieing boys cheast and immidiatly you can see the improvements. She walks over to me and smirks. She turns to walk away but...