Much better than washing dishes.

"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

― John Green

************************************

Feeling helpless is the worst feeling in the world. Especially when you when everyone around is falling apart and you can't do one thing.

I stared at the wall in front of me, the sun had come up and I could see a little bit of sun coming through the blinds. Liam stirred from behind me, his arms draped over my body as he slept. I shifted a little, trying not to wake up Liam, laying on my back. I blinked trying to decide if what happened yesterday was a dream. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself that it was a dream my mind pushes back the thought reminding me that this is real life and what happened yesterday, was real. Zayn had left that band

I didn't want to wake Liam up, he needed the rest after what happened last night. I think we all need some downtime after what happened last night, I thought as I untangled myself from Liam.I slipped quietly out of the bed and into the bathroom. Once I had taken a shower and brushed my teeth I made my way downstairs. Before I walked in the kitchen, I stopped in the living room. My mind going back to that night all over again.

I shook my head, no matter how hard I tried the memory wouldn't go away. I still hear Natalie crying that night, begging Zayn not to leave the band. I could still feel Liam's tears on my shoulder when he realized his best friend was leaving. I blinked back tears, don't cry, I chanted to myself. You gotta be strong for Liam this time. You can't cry he needs you now. I took and deep breath and turned heading to the kitchen.

I began looking around the kitchen grabbing the ingredients to make breakfast. About ten minutes later when I was on the last pancake I heard Liam come into the kitchen.

" I hate when you do that," Liam grumbled wrapping an arm around me and kissing my temple.

" Hate what? Making breakfast for you?" I asked confused

" No, waking up alone in bed without you. I hate that." I smiled, " well I am sorry I want to feed my loving fiancé."

Liam stopping kissing me and looked at me surprised, " What?" I laughed

" You said fiancé."

I shrugged, " yeah you're my fiancé? Yes?"

He blinked, " yeah but you gave the ring back you said that you wanted to wait you-"

I put my finger to his lips, " I realized that I don't have to marry you now, but we can still be engaged." I held up my left hand showing him the engagement ring.

His face was in shock then it turned to pure happiness. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips, " I love you."

" Love you too."

After breakfast, I was washing the dishes when Liam came in. " Are you doing this because of what happened yesterday?" I looked over my shoulder and saw him standing in the doorway.

" What?"

" Are you going to marry me because of what happened yesterday?" I stopped washing the glass I was holding in my hand. Iplaced the glass in the sink, took a deep breath a turned around, " Yes." I whispered

Liam shook his head, " why?" He took a step forward.

I blinked back tears, " I wanted to make you happy."

He scoffed, "Happy? What are you talking about."

"What happened yesterday with Zayn leaving, you were so distraught," I gave a small smile, " I just wanted to talk your mind off of him leaving. I hate seeing you down Liam, I just wanted to make you happy." My lips wobbled, I knew I was about to cry.

Liam chuckled and stretched his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me into his embrace. " You're the strongest person I've ever met, you know that right."

I let out a sob, burying my face in his shoulder, " I'm sorry." I cried

" Shh," he shushed me as he stroked my hair, " there's nothing to be sorry about." He kissed lightly on my lips then continued to kiss all over my face.

I looked at him confused, " you're not mad?" I asked

" You tried to make me feel better, how can I be mad at that?" I smiled

Liam wiped the tears from my face, " you wanna head upstairs?"

I raised an eyebrow, "what are we gonna do upstairs?"

He smirked, " I think you already know the answer to that question."

I grinned, but I have to the dishes."

He dipped his head down to my level then pressed his lips to mine, " what I am about to do to you is much better than washing the dishes."

I bit my lip, smiling, " You promise."

" Yes. I always keep my promise."

I nodded and let him lead me upstairs.

He was right it was much better than washing dishes.