You two are the same

“And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

…............................................................................................

“Kate?” One the girls called, I opened my eyes and looked around. I had cried myself to sleep. “Kate? Where are you?” I rubbed eyes and threw the covers off me and opened my door.

“Girls?” I said walking downstairs.

“Kate.” Madeline said, but she stopped when she saw the state I was in, “what happened?”

“Liam.”

“Liam? What happened? Did you guys break up?” I looked away.

“Oh my God Kate, you broke up with Liam.” Sky cried, “what happened?”

“He's been talking to his old girlfriend.”

“Oh Honey.” Madeline sighed, “I am so sorry.”

“I should've known that what we had was too good to be true.” I said sitting down on the couch.

“What do you mean?”

“Liam just wanted this for a publicity stunt, to get more fans.”

“Kate,” Madeline started, “if Liam was doing this for a stunt, he would've left months ago. He didn’t, that should tell you something.”

I stood, “he lied to me!”

“Kate calm down.”

“No Madeline, you were just trying to kill Harry weeks ago, now you can't let him go. You never wanted any boys in your life, now you're dating him.”

“Kate you need to understand.”

“Understand what.”

“He still loves you.”

“So?”

“Maybe you should go talk to him.”“Like he did with Danielle.”

“Kate.”

“If he wanted me badly he will come back to me.” I said crossing my arms.

“You're right he would come back to you, why don’t we give this a week.” Sky suggested, looking at me to see if her idea was okay.

“And then what?”

“You talk.”

“And if and if he doesn't come?”

“Then you go talk to him.”

“Yeah right.” I turned away from them, “he's the man he can come to me.”

Sky sighed, “just promise if he comes to talk to you, promise that you will listen to what he has to say.”

“I really-”

Kate. Please.” Sky begged, I have never seen her like this before. I sighed, “fine.”

Month later

“Did he call.”

“No.”

“So you're just gonna lay in bed?”