Chapter 17

I don't want to turn around. I don't want to see her. I don't want to even acknowledge her existence. Marshall seems lost, I know he doesn't want to turn around either but the press is near and he can't just walk away. So reluctantly, he turns around and I follow. Coming face to face with her.

"What?" Marshall asks, his voice hardening.

"Lose the hostility baby." She smiles and takes a step closer to him.

Baby? Who the fuck does this girl think she is?

"I just wanted to say congratulations." She runs her eyes up and down his body and I want to punch her so hard she goes blind. "Who's this?" She flicks her chin at me.

What the fuck don't look at me. Fuck off. I don't think I've ever hated a person as much as I hate her. I don't think she could be dressed anymore revealing, low cut tank top and tight shorts of all things to wear to a boxing match.

"Rachel." He says quickly, tightening his hold around my hand.

"Well isn't she pretty." She smiles at me and I want to throw up. "Not your type, but pretty."

Water threatens my eyes and I want to get out of here. I can't look at Marshall, it may kill me. Stop her. I mentally beg him. Please stop her.

"What are you doing here?" He maintains his cold nature, he's not taking any of her shit.

"I'm staying with Marcus." She notifies us, rolling her eyes. "He has a nice place and the sex isn't bad. But it's nothing compared to what we used to do."

Fuck you. My insides flip, I feel sick.

"Dani you need to shut up." He hisses at her, sensing that I'm upset.

"I'm serious, wouldn't you agree Rach?" She asks, turning to me. "Maybe we can go out and compare notes sometime."

Fuck you!

"That's enough." Marshall pulls me behind him and stands protectively between her and I. "You need to leave."

"Whoa." She lets out another nasally laugh. "I've never seen you like this before. He always like this with you?" She tries to look around him towards me but he blocks her view.

"Leave her alone."

"Awe come on I'm just trying to get to know her." She laughs. "I wanna see if you still use your old moves, or if she thinks it's as good as I do."

My hate flares, writhing within me. Tears build behind my eyes and I yank my hand away from Marshall's. I can't be here. I can't listen to this crap anymore. I don't care how long ago it was he belongs to me, I don't need to hear about anyone prior to that. I turn my back on them, heading right for Thatcher.

"See what you did?! Just fuck off Dani leave us alone!" I hear Marshall say angrily.

She says something else and he bickers with her. But now I'm out of earshot and Thatch sees me coming. As soon as I'm close I let my tears fall, walking right into his hug. Cash puts a hand on my shoulder and Thatcher rubs my back.

"What happened?" He asks, the worry in his voice is pressing.

"That's her." I cry quietly into his chest. "That's the girl."

"What girl?" He asks, pulling away to look at me.

"The girl I thought he was cheating with." I cry a little more and he hugs me again.

"Oh honey..." He hugs me for a little longer and then takes me outside, Cash stays in.

"She was talking about sex with him." I spill out, unable to keep it in. "She was only saying it to try to hurt me."