Chapter 15: We're All Searching For Someone Whose Demons Play Well With Our Own.

*Cameo's POV*

"Ok." I said questionably. "Where?" He walked away and started beckoning for me to follow with his snappy hand. I felt myself getting nervous when we got to the back lounge and Rian was sitting on the couch.

"Close the door." He commanded and I tried not to snap back. I closed the door and sat across the couch.

"I want to talk to you, about what I might've said the other night. I shouldn't have done that, it wasn't your business or concern."

"You were drunk." I tilted my head back and forth, trying to think of what else to say. But then, I realized I didn't care, and that I should just be honest with Rian. "But I just wonder why, you came to me of all people. Obviously you remember talking to me and what you said, so you must have had a reason you remember for talking to me about it." I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back into the couch.

Rian groaned and put his head in his hands. "You want an honest answer?"

I mhm'd at him and he sighed.

"I don't want the guys to know, to know how bad it's gotten between Cassadee and I." He sucked on his bottom lip and looked at me. This was a new side to Rian that I knew existed but haven't gotten to personally see.

"For some reason, I knew you wouldn't tell. Maybe that's why Alex likes you so much."

God he was acting weird. "You hate me though?" I commented.

"I want to, yea, but I don't. I guess, I just want Alex to feel how I feel right now, without actually coming out and saying it. You became the easy target. Plus, I had a little attitude to back it up because I was.. Am, apprehensive about the whole age difference. It could end badly you know."

I processed everything he'd just told me, and it somehow ended up making sense to me. Maybe that shows how fucked up we both are, can be, whatever.

"Gotcha." Was all I could muster up to say.

The door to the lounge jiggled open and Zach walked in, standing in the doorway like someone had just smacked some shock onto his face, staring at Rian and I like we were animals.

"What?" I snapped, standing up and walking to him.

"I uh, just didn't know who used the bathroom last and if they were done in it." He gulped and lowered his arm for me to move past.

"It's all yours!" I threw a small smile back to him and went to the bus's little kitchen tables and booted up my laptop.

........//....//..

*Zach's POV*

"What was that? We're you trying to get her alone so you could murder the poor girl?" I whispered kind of loudly while I closed the lounge door for us to talk.

Rian chuckled and I knew the tension earlier with Cameo, him, and myself had evaporated.

"We were just talking. Something, happened last night and I was just trying to smooth things over."

My eyes widened and I could feel my jaw hanging loose. Rian took a minute to register how what he said sounded.

"No not like that! God no! She's only what, 18, 19? Never! Not to mention she's with one if my best friends." He frantically scratched the back of his head and I relaxed a little.