Chapter 12: Sing Me To Sleep

*Cameo's POV*

I woke up this morning, finally alone because I took Hannah home last night. My phone was lit up brightly and I reached over to read my missed texts.

Alex: Hey Cam. [9:00pm]

Alex: Get busy? [12:00am]

Alex: Goonight love. [4:00am]

Then, a text from Hannah telling me to call her later, a text from my mom asking about a shopping day with her this week, and a text from Brianna telling me about something sweet her boyfriend did for her, and then another newer text from Alex.

Alex: Goodmorning Ms. Shafer. Guess you got caught up last night, that's ok, things happen. I have to admit, I feel like a stalker though. This is what, my 4th or 5th text to you? Wow I'm weird. [8:00am]

I grinned at his enthusiasm.

"Oh Alex." I sighed happily and replied to everyone before getting to his text.

Cameo: Morning! Sorry I didn't call, to be honest I did get a little busy, but I mostly forgot.

Better to be honest than lye right? I took my phone off the charger and went to shower. Afterwards, I did my normal morning routine with Levi and then continued to get dressed for the day. I blow dried my short hair straight, put on foundation, brown/gold eyeshadows, a thin line of liquid liner, and some thin black pencil liner under, and of course, mascara.

Satisfied with how my face looked, I went to my room and plugged up my iPhone to my stereo speakers while I picked out my clothes.

I settled on a one piece black and red polka dotted, strapless jumper, and some black gladiator style flip flops. I was in the middle of jamming out to OhioIsOnFire by Of Mice & Men, when the song faded out and a new one started playing, Sail, by AWOLNATION. That was my ringtone when people who weren't saved in my phone called.

I left the phone plugged into the speakers and answered it cautiously. "Hel-lo?" There was a lot of static in the background that made me cring. "Anyone there?" I asked as I turned the volume down on my speakers.

"CamAHoe!" I heard a chorus of men's voices erupt my room. "It's Jack and Zach and Andy and Oli and Chris and Jordan and Jack and Kellin and Austin and Vinny and Tommy.." I cut him off with my laughter.

"Ok ok I get it, there's a lot of guys there that I know hut haven't met."

Jack laughed his weird sounding laugh and I giggled again. "We have a surprise for you." He sounded up to no good.

"Oh god, I wish you could see my face right now."

"Cuz your grinnin' like a fool?" Jack counteracted back playfully. Wow, joking with me using his own band's lyrics.

"Yes, and rolling my eyes at you too!" I heard some of the other guys in the background laughing. "Anyways, what's the surprise?"

"Alex was drunkily, slurring about you last night, and we all thought it would be a great idea if we flew you out to us!" The guys in the background clapped and woo-hooed.

"Really?" I was flattered they wanted to do that for me, for Alex. "So this is a big surprise for Alex then?" I asked as I faced my closet and began mentally packing my outfits for a week.

"Yup." He said popping the p.

"How long?"

"How long will you stay? Probably a week or two."

I pondered it for a few minutes. "I have a dog Jack." There was immediate groaning in the background and Zach chimed in.

"You're gonna let having a dog stop you from coming? You might not get to see him for months, four more months I think, to be somewhat exact."

"Well I can't leave Levi. Especially if I'll be gone for maybe two weeks." I chewed my bottom lip and sat on my bed sighing. There was discussion going on in a conjoined mumble and I could understand none of it till a completely different voice started speaking.

"Bring him." My jaw dropped at the simple answer.

"But he's a looney, and he's kinda big, and hyper, and.. Doesn't like loud noises like guns shooting."

They guys were chuckling and the unfamiliar voice chimed in again. "So? We're all crazy too, and he'd never be scared because who the hell is going to shoot off guns? What are we from the old wild, Wild West?" He was super sarcastic.

I smiled and thought about it. If it didn't work out the worst that could happen would be I just wouldn't stay for a week. "Alright, I'm in."

"Yes!" They all screamed and then abruptly stopped. "Oh shit, Andy!" I looked up at my phone still plugged in and saw they'd hung up on me suddenly. Maybe Alex came in. I shook my head at them and myself while I got up and went to packing for a week or two of outside activities.

......//...//....

*Jack's POV*

"Hey man." I tried to say casually while all the other guys looked like they'd shit themselves. We weren't caught right? Alex just stood in the doorway, his eyes scanning over all of us, and I gave in and smiled a him.

"Hey." He said off guard.

"Need something?"

"No, I just didn't know where everyone went." Alex was still in his pajama pants with his holed and ripped up orange shirt, and his hair in every which way.

"We all uh, came in and decided to order in breakfast." I shrugged casually and looked at everyone too. They all slowly nodded in agreement. "We're in a hotel, so why not?" I picked up the phone. "So we all decided on the strawberry, blueberry, banana, and chocolate chip pancakes right?" They all nodded again and I put the phone to my ear and pretended to dial while Alex stood there awkwardly watching.

"Uh, ok, sounds good I guess." He grumbled still confused and spun on his heel and dragged himself back to the bus.

I hung up the phone and sighed, sweat was beading in my brow. "I'll call Cameo later with all the travel plans."

Tony (from PTV) smiled and opened the door again and started easing his way out. "Just one more thing, to make this whole thing more realistic, someone better order all those pancakes. I call nose goes!" He dabbed his index finger on his nose and ran out the door. Everyone else crowded in the room looked from one another and in spurts they ran to the door doing the same as Tony.

I ran out, tripping Vic and Jordan while I stampeded with the crowd of others. I think Vic ended up ordering and paying. Ha, the Mexican always looses.

((Sry Chapter 12 is kinda short, and FYI I love PTV and have nothing against Mexicans or Spaniards. It's just a harmless little funny.))